What are Alan Pardew's 10 worst decisions at NUFC?

Guest JakPwhatculture

Guest JakPwhatculture

Hi all,

I'm writing an blog on the topic of "Alan Pardew's 10 Worst Decisions as NUFC Boss" and i'm basically just seeking some suggestions to flesh out the points that i've already noted down, which are:

- Dedicating the 2-0 win over Chelsea to Mike Ashley

- Signing Gabriel Obertan

- Shoehorning Ba and Cisse into a partnership in 2012/13

Any ideas are appreciated.

Cheers

Jak

fucking hell, where do you start?

destroying hatem ben arfa as a creative force

dropping a heed on an opposition player

pushing over a linesman

constantly talking shite - telling us to trust him that x player won't be sold a week before he is

trying to convert sissoko into a winger

allowing obertan to keep ben arfa out of the side

constantly sucking up to his dickhead employers

claiming we can't compete with the financial muscle displayed at football powerhouses like swansea and hull

playing m'bwia as a full back

his crush on shola

i could go on

Guest JakPwhatculture

@@Happy Face

Close but no cigar, i'm afraid. Copying and pasting quotes (from various news outlets sourced through a google search, I presume) onto a page isn't quite the same as dissecting the decisions made by Pardew yourself.

Not exactly sure what your beef is here. Only casting my net out for suggestions from Toon fans and stirring a little debate.

Guest JakPwhatculture

fucking hell, where do you start?

destroying hatem ben arfa as a creative force

dropping a heed on an opposition player

pushing over a linesman

constantly talking shite - telling us to trust him that x player won't be sold a week before he is

trying to convert sissoko into a winger

allowing obertan to keep ben arfa out of the side

constantly sucking up to his dickhead employers

claiming we can't compete with the financial muscle displayed at football powerhouses like swansea and hull

playing m'bwia as a full back

his crush on shola

i could go on

Christ, I forgot all about the Swansea/Hull stuff. Throw Southampton in there too and Pardew's comments about the North East not having enough middle-class players coming through the academy.

@@Happy Face

Close but no cigar, i'm afraid. Copying and pasting quotes (from various news outlets sourced through a google search, I presume) onto a page isn't quite the same as dissecting the decisions made by Pardew yourself.

Not exactly sure what your beef is here. Only casting my net out for suggestions from Toon fans and stirring a little debate.

No beef, welcome to the board :)

Guaranteeing that Carroll wouldn't leave during that January transfer window. It massively damaged his reputation, established his position as a puppet and formed the crack that has developed into his current completely broken relationship with the fans.

Guest JakPwhatculture

Guaranteeing that Carroll wouldn't leave during that January transfer window. It massively damaged his reputation, established his position as a puppet and formed the crack that has developed into his current completely broken relationship with the fans.

Totally agree. Think that was a watershed moment for him and was undoubtedly a clear indicator where his authority began and ended. Thanks for that.