2014 - 2015 Fixtures

Christmas Tree

Top 4 team as the first game again :lol: You've got to laugh really. That December has the potential to blow the wheels right off.

We don't have any wheels, Ashley sold them and has the club propped up bricks.

Edited by Bizza

Does it? Says more about the competitive negativity our fans get involved in every season, to me. Let's be realistic, we didn't play for half a season last year (in a season during which we were definitely going down) and we were still nowhere near being relegated. There's half a league of absolute dross, who are comfortably worse than us.

No, we're not going to have a successful season. We'll buy the bare minimum and basically survive. But, there is no way that anyone can say, with absolute certainty, that we'll be going down.

Our two best players and only real goal threat from last season has now gone (along with our only other fit senior strikers). If it hadn't been for how those two players lifted us in the first half of last season our form without them in the second half would have certainly seen us relegated.

On that basis, without some serious investment into the team, I can say with absolute certainty that we will be relegated next season. If we sign some first 11 players it could be a different story, but given our transfer policy appears to be bidding well under the market value for our targets and hoping we can get a bargain, I'm far from convinced that will happen.

Our two best players and only real goal threat from last season has now gone (along with our only other fit senior strikers). If it hadn't been for how those two players lifted us in the first half of last season our form without them in the second half would have certainly seen us relegated.

On that basis, without some serious investment into the team, I can say with absolute certainty that we will be relegated next season. If we sign some first 11 players it could be a different story, but given our transfer policy appears to be bidding well under the market value for our targets and hoping we can get a bargain, I'm far from convinced that will happen.

I'm not disputing what you're saying there. There's no doubt that we require investment in order to ensure that we do stay up. Like I've said, though, I do think that we'll bring in the bare minimum to stand still. It's the statements of absolute certainty, on 18/6, disregarding any possible squad strengthening, that annoy the life out of me.

Remy wasn't brought in until August, last season. There was uproar over Ba being our 'main' striker after the sale of Carroll, too. We sold Nolan and Barton, and we were doomed. We've been in this position before, and done just about enough. Again, I don't understand how people can think that we'll start the season with the squad as it is now.

Edited by Inochi

06/12 - Chelsea

13/12 - Arsenal

20/12 - Mackems

26/12 - Man U

28/12 - Everton

01/01 - Burnley

03/12 - FA Cup

10/01 - Chelsea

If we don't have a really good start to the season, I'm pinning my hopes on this run of games bookended with Chelsea home and away being enough to get rid of Pardew. If we win more than one of them I'll blah blah blah Fenwicks blah.

I'm not disputing what you're saying there. There's no doubt that we require investment in order to ensure that we do stay up. Like I've said, though, I do think that we'll bring in the bare minimum to stand still. It's the statements of absolute certainty, on 18/6, disregarding any possible squad strengthening, that annoy the life out of me.

Remy wasn't brought in until August, last season. There was uproar over Ba being our 'main' striker after the sale of Carroll, too. We've been in this position before, and done just about enough. Again, I don't understand how people can think that we'll start the season with the squad as it is now.

If a stranger's arbitrary mutterings on the internet annoy you so much can I suggest you turn off your computer and go outside for a bit, stop taking it all so seriously.

Gallows humour is the stock in trade of Newcastle fans. Woe is me is all part of the journey.

Edited by trophyshy

Remy wasn't brought in until August, last season. There was uproar over Ba being our 'main' striker after the sale of Carroll, too. We sold Nolan and Barton, and we were doomed. We've been in this position before, and done just about enough. Again, I don't understand how people can think that we'll start the season with the squad as it is now.

I don't think many think we will start the season with this squad but the fact that we've allowed the squad to get to this stage is enough to make anyone more than a touch concerned. The squad's infinitely weaker than it was when we sold Carroll, Barton & Nolan. We were relegated with a miles better sqaud than this.

But like Trophyshy says, it's all about gallows humor. That's what gets us through.

The players we have lost so far started 67 games last season in total. That's only 16% of the 418 starts Newcastle hand out in the league over a season.

The worry is that they were of such quality that they provided over half of our goals.

I'm not so concerned with the quantity we bring in but the quality. A couple of good signings and we'll be as average as last year.