Fixture list kind to Pardew ?? For those of us who want him...

accadacca

gone which would surely happen with a poor start to the season, are likely to be disappointed as overall, the opening fixtures should see a good points tally as long as a decent forward is signed !

Man City at home isn't a washout while the next 5 are decent enough games.

Obviously, so much depends upon the transfer market in the next 8 weeks, but looks like the computers have looked after AP ? :glare:

I thought that last season but our best run came during a time where we had to play some of the better teams off the belt so who knows? There's definitely potential to get off to a decent start but as last season, a good few months means nothing if you're going to collapse once you hit 40 points. December certainly hasn't been kind to us btw.

I thought that last season but our best run came during a time where we had to play some of the better teams off the belt so who knows? There's definitely potential to get off to a decent start but as last season, a good few months means nothing if you're going to collapse once you hit 40 points. December certainly hasn't been kind to us btw.

the selling of Cabaye knocked the stuffing out of everyone, esp' the players - it shouldnt have been that major a factor , but it was. This coming season is a clean slate and i doubt that anyone currently on the staff if sold in Janyary 2015 will have the effect that the Cabaye sale made. Onwards and upwards.

At the moment our squad and coaching staff is fairly shite,

We'll have to spend a considerable amount of money just to stand still but Pardew has proved he's unsackable.

In the predictions thread you'll see my prophesy from May 2011 that Pardew wouldn't be sacked, irrespective of performance. Some of the runs we've been on since then vindicate that view, but his contract isn't worth shit to him and he's so low paid it would be inexpensive to get rid. IF we spend a canny wedge and are staring at relegation, I could see him being out on his arse after the sequence of games bookended by Chelsea home and Away, where he'll struggle to win more than one. Ashley has spent almost £20m a season and frugle as he is, he doesn't want money he could have pocketed being squandered.

That's a big if though.

Lasogga walked out of negotiations with us apparently :lol:

Now we are linked with a £2mil Ligue 2 striker. Better buy those season tickets now folks!

I thought the people saying we are destined for another relegation after last season were being a bit dramatic. I know its only June and I still think Ashley will spend enough to survive but the way things have gone on in the transfer market so far and they way we're conducting our business, if it can be called that, you begin to wonder if we'll be able to sign anyone decent at all.

If they don't pay the going rate in transfers or wages then we'll be told to fuck off by clubs and players alike. Hopefully they'll be realistic and meet the market.