Fixture list kind to Pardew ?? For those of us who want him...

accadacca

I'm not downhearted yet. The worrisome thing would be that we are engaging our number one targets first and foremost though. Initially I was reasonably pleased with the standard of player being mentioned, but with every deal that falls by the wayside because we will not pay the going rate, we move down our list to second third and fourth choices, which look less appealing.

There may be the chance that deals we walked away from get resurrected, but only if the player hasn't already moved elsewhere, so which rumours are still a possibility?

I hope that Grenier and Cabella still happen. They've not moved elsewhere as yet and the selling clubs just seem to be holding out for other offers which have not been forthcoming as yet. They would be good additions.

Aubameyang seems to have a preference for Roma but that's ongoing and it looks like Gomis will be at Swansea.

Once the possibilities above are exhausted then I'm not sure who else we've been linked to would be appealing to any Newcastle fan, we're not going to suddenly start looking at players valued at millions more than those we've missed out on, we're only going to go for lesser players. That's when links to Bent and Bendtner start looking realistic.

I think a bigger worry is how happy they are to get rid of players from a tiny squad. Krul's the latest they 'don't want to lose' yet at the same time they're quite happy to talk figures to the local papers.

Except we know which they are better at making happen. It's the same old shite though, for apparent reason come out and say we don't want to lose a player whilst saying we are vulnerable etc. They've been at it for years.

'We'd hate to receive an offer for Krul within the region of £10m'' etc

I can't claim to know the ratio of players in, against those going out, but I'm not sure that the outgoings would be significantly higher. You're absolutely right that we do have an entirely more pro-active approach to selling than buying, mind.

Pardew's already saying that Colback will be pivotal to the team next season. That's depressing enough without reflecting on whether replacing Cabaye is a pipe dream, or whether we'll lose the likes of Krul and Debuchy.