Cars

Christmas Tree

It's time for our lass to renew her car lease. She quite fancys one of these crossover suv's such as

Peugeot 2008
Kia Soul
Skoda Yeti
Ford Exotex?
Renault Captur

I've read some of the reviews (which sometimes are just a bit too arsey for the average driver) but does anyone have one of these types or already done the research?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's through the NHS so different to just doing it yourself.

For example not only does it include servicing and road tax, it also includes insurance. (As she's had a few bumps, the free insurance makes a big difference.

If I was in your position.... Young, well paid, not too many heavy commitmentd, I would jump at having a nice new motor every two or three years.

Not particularly practical as a taxi id imagine

Alas it's for our lass not me. :(

However talking to one of the big design tech guys from Nissan last week and he reckons they are on the cusp of quite a big breakthrough with battery life that will virtually double range. If he's right then eke tricks taxis will be everywhere .

I'd also mention that through a government grant, British gas are currently installing home charging points (worth over a grand) free. Even if you don't have one yet you can still have it for free .

Handy if you are considering one in the next few years.

I think the way BMW and other's are using hybrids is a good bridge for the time-being - I got some sales blurb for the I3 and it's impressive (though hideous).

CT what's your wife's experience of the NHS Fleet Scheme?

Just thinking of getting myself a car through them that's all and want to get some first hand experience from others first before doing so.

CT what's your wife's experience of the NHS Fleet Scheme?

Just thinking of getting myself a car through them that's all and want to get some first hand experience from others first before doing so.

It's just changed.

Under Labour ;) instead of spending money on patients, they gave staff wrapping big discounts to lease a car. Those nasty Tories have come in and redirected that money to patients and therefore prices have shot up.

Under Labour a Nissan Note was £70

Under the Tories it's £220 ish.

You still get a discount compared to a normal personal lease due to the nhs's large buying power.

Also under the NHS scheme you pay no deposit, get free servicing, free tax and free insurance.

You can also choose to have the payments deducted from your salary or save even more by taking it as a salary sacrafice.

There is an app called NHS fleet solutions that lets you get quotes for every make of car instantly.

The Mitsubishi fuck off electric jeep that we are looking at is about £280 but when you deduct the £140 or so a month she will save in petrol it makes it cheaper than a note or most other basic small cars.

The mileage allowance also goes up this month in the NHS from something like 12p a mile to 50 or 60p a mile (even if your driving around on electricity).

Finally, a lot of the NHS sites have fast charge points where you can recharge in 35 minutes iirc.

In summary, great scheme if you can't afford new, don't want to drive a banger and fancy trouble free motoring with everything covered for one price.

• 1 month later...

Just had British gas out to fit the charging point for this.

Totally free of charge to anyone who wants one whether you have an electric car or not.

Saves just over a grand so worth getting one now if you may go electric at some point.

ahyjytah.jpg