It's no use using it in a one car family tbh. It's perfect to get to work and back or town and back everyday. If you're going past Scotch Corner you need to use a petrol car realistically though

So you actually need 2 cars? Hardly environmentally friendly. Strikes me that the hybrid cars may be the way forward.

And you gave me shit for driving a middle aged car? FFS.

You're driving an old man's merc ffs! Post another picture of it, Clarkson, I can't remember what it looked like.

You're driving an old man's merc ffs! Post another picture of it, Clarkson, I can't remember what it looked like.

The term is executive saloon. The E Class is moving into old man territory.

2015-C-CLASS-SEDAN-GALLERY-009-WR-T.jpg

So you actually need 2 cars? Hardly environmentally friendly. Strikes me that the hybrid cars may be the way forward.

It would be a bit mean to make my pregnant wife walk 6miles to work everyday so yes, we have 2 cars in the family

It would be a bit mean to make my pregnant wife walk 6miles to work everyday so yes, we have 2 cars in the family

You need two cars, which is fine. But my point is, having a sole electric car isn't an option, which is a pretty big limitation and why they'll not take off until they drastically improve.

Get her a hoverboard

"As an electric car owner..." might be the nerdiest start to a sentence I've ever heard. :lol: Sounds like the top half of a meme picture.

Could've been worse, he could've added 'conscientious' before the words 'electric car owner'.

Electric cards and wood paneled c-class mercs :lol:

You drive a fucking Barbie car :lol:

Nowt wrong with an electric car! I've got a bike in the garage that would tear strips off any car owned on this board ;)

04A22F5B-6F58-463B-8760-835287C28D91_zps

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

Out accelerate aye, but I can happily cruise along at a decent speed without any worry nice enjoyable drive, doubt you can say the same ;)

Loved it personally. Not the nicest looking car but perfect for what I need. 20mile round trip commute, free charging at work and free parking in Durham/Newcastle city centre

Every electric spot is taken up by a PHEV these days unfortunately. I work with a bloke who plans his trips 20miles at a time so he never has to use petrol. Would have made more sense just getting an electric car and doing 100miles before a charge.

If I had the cash I would have bought Tesla Model S. 300miles to a charge

35479A0D-338A-4D1C-8FDA-FA8A0183474F_zps

Once had a golf company car. Most uncomfortable car I ever had.

As for Phev's. Ours is the main family car and our lasses work car so during the week it's petrol free, but for family trips out, holidays etc, we need the petrol option.

Still don't trust the reversing camera though and scary as shit when a fly lands on it.