Cars

Christmas Tree

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proper used to mine now, it's a great piece of kit. Foolproof. 

Rank how I failed my second test on parking (30 seconds in) and now I'm parking quicker than Ace Ventura. :lol:

Did they make you drive the rest of it anyway as well?

I wanted to tbh :lol:

Seems pointless paying £100 + and coming away with nothing at all.

:lol: A lad I went to school with hit the curb going back into the test centre in Blyth at the end of his test, the bloke give him a major for it. I think he only had 3 minors up to that point in all iirc.

Edited by Howay

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have any experience with the old style minis?

Wanted one since I was a kid and now seems like the right time, can pick up a circa 2000 version for about 5-7k but my old man reckons they are pigs. I would be using it everyday but it's only me and the dog for the foreseeable so no kids etc. The furthest I drive is back to the NE really so mainly city miles.

Is it likely to be a pain in the ring and cost me fortunes to keep running?

Cheers both.

I have been looking on piston heads ant and the lower mileage ones in decent nick seem to start around 5k.

I probably do maximum 70-100 miles in a standard week so it's not like I'm going to be living in it. By "old" mini I mean the old shape. Did bmw make those shape circa 2000?

I drive a fucking Kia atm and hate it but I could probably get 5/6k for it so it would basically be changing my current shit heap for a car I've always wanted.

Old minis are great, as long as you don't mind four gears, a car that will vibrate and whine as it labours to reach 60 miles an hour, putting your back out in the process. i had one in the days before speed bumps and it was bloody awful.

They're a good laugh but they're not exactly practical. Plus any decent collision is likely to see the engine being where your legs used to be. My lass's family used to go to Devon and the Scottish Highlands all the time on their hols in one. Her dad is about 6ft 2. So that was him, her mam, my lass, her brother and the dog (English Bull Terrier) plus all the luggage for a week. :lol:

I just scrapped a mini, it's clutch went twice in less than three years and the seats were all fucked up.  

I'm buying a new car now, what a ballache it is.  Are there people you can pay to sort all this shit out in life?