Earth.

wolfy

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know really. I mean, I thought there was more than enough posters that may have had a take on things, alternate to what we were all indoctrinated with: but it seems not, which is why I deleted the post. It's fine, I'm ok with it. I just thought it would bring some free minds into the post but I see it's just the usuals who mock. No bother, I'm away. Ban me, I won't be bothering again.

Wolfy man, the greatest minds in human existence have known the world is round, you're not a free-thinker simply by taking the contrary view to the consensus. You're a free-thinker if you provide an alternate view that can be verified and/or supported.

My saying the world is actually a pile of unicorn shit isn't free-thinking, it's just lunacy.

Wolfy man, the greatest minds in human existence have known the world is round, you're not a free-thinker simply by taking the contrary view to the consensus. You're a free-thinker if you provide an alternate view that can be verified and/or supported.

My saying the world is actually a pile of unicorn shit isn't free-thinking, it's just lunacy.

Of course the greatest minds in existence have supposedly known the Earth is a sphere. I mean, we are all told this...but how do we really know for sure?

Yeah I know it's laughable and easy for anyone to say, "because everyone knows it's a sphere for long enough" or " the calculations are all there to prove it."

I understand how taking an alternative view on it can be brushed aside because it supposedly requires caluclations in the science world to be taken seriously.

I'm not after promoting it to the science world for peer review, I'm simply saying that I don't believe it's what they tell us it is.

I ask any of you how you know we live on a rotating ball. Seriously, what makes you think that and what proof, physically do you have that it is what they tell us it is?

Nobody knows what gravity is but we all have to accept that it exists as a force. Why?...because it's the only way they can explain the Earth and planets acting the way they do.

I'm a free thinker, Fish. It doesn't mean my thinking is bang on or anything like that. It just means I have alternative thoughts and I don't swallow what's offered to me after looking over it all. I used to. I was like everyone else where I simply just accepted what was said as true...never thinking to question it.

Free thinking to me is simply being able to think outside the box and not feeling like I have to follow the crowd, like most do if you think about it.

We get shown pictures of a marble like Earth from space, supposedly. That's all some people need to verify we live on a ball.

It's not like I'm gonna walk about with a placard declaring what I think. I just wondered if anyone had alternative views to what they were told on it all.

You again make the error of equating "agreeing with the proven consensus" with "blindly going along with what we've been told".

You're not thinking freely, you're just discounting anything that you haven't witnessed with your own eyes. Which isn't thinking outside a box, it's very much the opposite.

If everyone thought like you, we'd never have mastered flight, or electricity or leaving the bloody cave.

You're either a troll or someone who is wilfully ignorant.

What is your alternative view Wolfy? Other than to question the established consensus. Why would you suspect the earth isn't round? 9/11 conspiracy theories I can understand but why would "they" try and trick us about this?

You again make the error of equating "agreeing with the proven consensus" with "blindly going along with what we've been told".

You're not thinking freely, you're just discounting anything that you haven't witnessed with your own eyes. Which isn't thinking outside a box, it's very much the opposite.

If everyone thought like you, we'd never have mastered flight, or electricity or leaving the bloody cave.

You're either a troll or someone who is wilfully ignorant.

There's loads I agree with or don't question. I simply don't agree with the globe model we have been conditioned to believe. As I said before; scientists can't explain a lot of what they churn out to us with regards to this stuff.

We simply have to believe what's said.

Yes they can. You arrogantly discount it because you don't understand it.

If not a globe, what is it? A flat disc?

Yet again you cowardly avoid the need for any kind of support for your claim by hiding behind the "it's just what I think" lie.

Imagine if the law courts operate like your mindset.

Imagine if medicine did.

Christ on a bike.

What is your alternative view Wolfy? Other than to question the established consensus. Why would you suspect the earth isn't round? 9/11 conspiracy theories I can understand but why would "they" try and trick us about this?

I don't know exactly the full reason as to why they would trick us, because this globe stuff started a long long time ago, so I can only speculate on their reasons. Maybe it was sun worship or something like that in those times, as in those higher up at the time believed in a sun god, so made the sun as the centre of the universe kind of thing, making out that Earth is just a piddly little planet orbiting it.

Many people of early times thought the Earth was flat and experiments were made to prove it, just as experiments were made to disprove it, to say it's a globe, so there's a conflict of thoughts.

Let's be honest; we know what religion creates among the entire world, with beliefs in this and that or one extreme to the other. Which one is correct, or are they all correct, or all wrong?

I'm not religious in any way but I won't tell someone that theya re wrong if they believe, as I don't know what's what, just as I don't know for certain what we live on in terms of shape. I can make my own assumptions, which I have done. It doesn't mean I'm correct, yet it doesn't mean I'm wrong, either.

I admit one thing. It takes a hell of a lot to even make a person look differently at stuff they were brought up and schooled into. I well understand how hard it would be for anyone to even think differently.

Let's take gravity as a starting point. What is it? Nobody actually knows what it is. Scientists tell us that it makes things fall and makes planets pull on one another and such like. They cannot tell us what it actually is as a force.

Gravity, as far as I'm concerned is atmospheric pressure. Atmospheric pressure explains everything about Earth and happenings if people can put their mind to it and not be distracted by gravity.

The Fish, on 01 Jul 2014 - 6:03 PM, said:

Yes they can. You arrogantly discount it because you don't understand it.

If not a globe, what is it? A flat disc?

Yet again you cowardly avoid the need for any kind of support for your claim by hiding behind the "it's just what I think" lie.

Imagine if the law courts operate like your mindset.

Imagine if medicine did.

Christ on a bike.

I can't physically prove my claims no more than you can physically prove the Earth is a rotating globe. I think we can agree on that.

Anyone can dismiss what I think, as it's against the grain and all the global work has been done. It's been documented over a long long time and fine tuned where errors came about.

If I was in court my case would be thrown out...because the odds would be severely stacked against me. The point isn't to tell anyone I'm correct. The point is to see who has the mind to question what they have been told.

If people don't want to and are fully happy with everything they were told, then no problem. There's many that do like to question, including myself, obviously.

I believe the Earth is a sort of sphere, except we don't live on it, we live in it. We live under a huge ice dome that makes up half the sphere. The bottom half is solid, plus oceans, so basically is slightly concave which the oceans sit in.

All the stuff you see in the sky is in our atmosphere, not in space as we are told. This is my thoughts.

Wolfy, you're the same guy who doesn't believe in satellites?

I've never been one to always follow the crowd but if 99.999% of people say that you're wrong then I've learnt that you're probably wrong.

If you had one conspiracy theory then people might take you a bit more seriously but the fact that you rail against most accepted knowledge marks you out as a bit of a crack pot.

Wolfy refusing to give a straight answer is one reason that you'd be ridiculed.

I expect to be ridiculed. Anyone who thinks differently to the accepted norm is ridiculed. I'm not bothered about being ridiculed as I know there's plenty in the queue to do that. I'm interested in people having a view of their own. Basically anyone who decides to at least look at it all differently, even if it's just for the sake of it to see if all what we are told really makes sense. I believe it doesn't make sense on a lot of fronts.

It can be proven physically, I just don't have $250k.

Yet again you arrogantly declare anyone who disagrees with you gas blindly accepted what they've been told without question.

Wolfy, you're the same guy who doesn't believe in satellites?

I've never been one to always follow the crowd but if 99.999% of people say that you're wrong then I've learnt that you're probably wrong.

If you had one conspiracy theory then people might take you a bit more seriously but the fact that you rail against most accepted knowledge marks you out as a bit of a crack pot.

I don't believe in space satellites, you're right there. If I question Earth I have to question all of space and what we are told, as they all go hand in hand. I understand people not taking me seriously. I mean, why would they? I'm just wolfy chatting away with my views. I'm simply seeing if tehre are people who can think outside of the box or question stuff. Most people won't. Some will.

It can be proven physically, I just don't have $250k.

Yet again you arrogantly declare anyone who disagrees with you gas blindly accepted what they've been told without question.

You say it can be proven physically but it requires £250,000. What will that prove?

Anyone who disagrees with me I accept. I know I'm going to get disagreed with by just about everyone. I'm the one that looks the loon here, no one else, because I'm the one that's thinking differently. I'm not being arrogant, I'm simply saying I have a different mindset on what I've been brought up to believe.

Wolfy, you're not thinking outside the box.

Those that disagree with you may well have questioned what they've been told. How don't you get this incredibly simple pair of ideas?