Earth.

wolfy

It costs $250k to get a commercial space flight with Virgin.

Flight simulator and a couple of HD video screens, innit. #rebel #freethinker #whatTHEYdontwantyoutoknow

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ewerk, on 01 Jul 2014 - 6:32 PM, said:

Wolfy, if it makes you feel any better, you're still more likely to be correct on any given subject than CT is.

Well I can't say I'm right with my version but I don't buy this rotating globe thing, 100%.

Well I can't say I'm right with my version but I don't buy this rotating globe thing, 100%.

I wouldn't imagine you're the sort of guy to believe anything 100%

The Fish, on 01 Jul 2014 - 6:37 PM, said:

What has that got to do with anything? It's physical proof your flat earth ice dome theory is bogus.

How is it proof? Seriously?

All you're going on is a flight to the so called edge of space with a supposed model of what's taking people up there. It's been going on for long enough and still no travel, so how can you hionestly say that it's anything genuine?

Be honest; you can only go on what you see on the TV and read in the papers, right?

No. I understand how simple mathematics works.

I've seen a curved shadow of the earth on the moon.

I've seen the ISS through binoculars.

And the alternative theories require none of the following:

An enquiring mind,

Proof

An understanding of the scientific method

A basic understanding of the sciences

They require only ignorance, arrogance and a login for conspiracy forums.

I can forgive people believing in deities as they're couched in such terms as to make it nigh impossible to refute.

People claiming counter-science despite great reams of evidence that proves them wrong is just baffling.

All these "free thinkers" all thinking exactly the same things without any evidence to support them, calling those others (who've come to conclusions based on the assessment of evidence presented) blind or sheep is bizarre.

The Fish, on 01 Jul 2014 - 6:46 PM, said:

No. I understand how simple mathematics works.

I've seen a curved shadow of the earth on the moon.

I've seen the ISS through binoculars.

And the alternative theories require none of the following:

An enquiring mind,

Proof

An understanding of the scientific method

A basic understanding of the sciences

They require only ignorance, arrogance and a login for conspiracy forums.

That's fine, Fish. If you accept fully in what you believe, I have no problem with that. I have my own take on it all, that's all.

I mean, mathematics is fine for Earthly things that can be physically measured. I don't have any problem with that either.

I mean, mathematics is fine for Earthly things that can be physically measured. I don't have any problem with that either.

Why not? Strikes me as exactly the kind of accepted "wisdom" a free thinker like you should be questioning. There's a reason THEY say mathematics is fine. Think about it.

I can forgive people believing in deities as they're couched in such terms as to make it nigh impossible to refute.

People claiming counter-science despite great reams of evidence that proves them wrong is just baffling.

All these "free thinkers" all thinking exactly the same things without any evidence to support them, calling those others (who've come to conclusions based on the assessment of evidence presented) blind or sheep is bizarre.

It's not really about people being sheep, I suppose. People are people. We are all conditioned to accept what we are told by official sources, from birth to death to be fair.

I'm not infallible. I can still be duped. It's just that I question a lot more and have done since the last time I was on this forum a good while ago. I even thought the Earth was a globe then and if someone like me had told me it was any different, I would have immediately went against it, so I know why your and others stance is on stuff like this.

I just decided to look deeper and really think about what we were told, which made me realise how easily we could have been duped in our history with stuff like this.

This dome reply isn't your own. You w simply believed what you've been told without the evidence you demand to prove the consensus.

Put it this way;

The argument I believe in is supported by everything bar a few ill-educated people on the Internet.

The argument you believe in isn't supported by anything bar a few ill-educated people on the Internet.

Throughout history the free-thinkers have been those who've questioned the belief of the people who take things on faith alone.

Why not? Strikes me as exactly the kind of accepted "wisdom" a free thinker like you should be questioning. There's a reason THEY say mathematics is fine. Think about it.

I can physically see how math works for things on Earth. I can also see how easy it is to sling out equations for stuff that nobody is going to be able to dispute about space and is easier to simply just accept.

This dome reply isn't your own. You w simply believed what you've been told without the evidence you demand to prove the consensus.

Put it this way;

The argument I believe in is supported by everything bar a few ill-educated people on the Internet.

The argument you believe in isn't supported by anything bar a few ill-educated people on the Internet.

Throughout history the free-thinkers have been those who've questioned the belief of the people who take things on faith alone.

The ice dome is mine. I don't know of anyone else who has an ice dome. I know someone has a glass dome. Mine is hydrogen/helium ice, plus variations of frozen gases towards the foundation of that dome, like nitrogen, etc.

I can physically see how math works for things on Earth. I can also see how easy it is to sling out equations for stuff that nobody is going to be able to dispute about space and is easier to simply just accept.

Do you believe in atoms? How about electricity?

Put it this way;

How many people do you know that believe in a god? Many, right? Do you respect them? Of course you do. You respect them as fine upstanding, sensible, maybe genius people in their respected field of work. What is their belief based on?

Bullshit

Prove the ice dome isn't my idea. I have yet to see anyone with the same thought.

Denpressure is also my own thought. Denpressure is what we are (in my belief) duped into believing, is gravity.

Prove the ice dome isn't my idea. I have yet to see anyone with the same thought.

Denpressure is also my own thought. Denpressure is what we are (in my belief) duped into believing, is gravity.

Sorry, you shoulder the burden of proof, not me.

No I don't. That's a strawman argument.

It may be a strawman argument but it's pertinent to what you say. If my belief is based on faith or blind faith, then it's no different to billions who believe in their own God. They have all kinds of books on it, yet no actual proof. Do we discount it on that basis? It bears thinking about, which is all I'm saying about my thoughts.

Sorry, you shoulder the burden of proof, not me.

Correct. All I can say is, I have not seen anyone with the same take as me on this stuff, as in the ice dome and denpressure. I'm not expecting you to accept that, I'm simply saying I haven't come across it.