Best album of 2014 so far

Happy Face

Halfway point.

Hate to go with such a critic's favourite, but I think St Vincent might have taken the lead for me.

Birth In Reverse, Digital Witness, I Prefer Your Love, Bring Me Your Loves...all brilliant

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She looked great at "Gllllllllllllllllasssssssssstonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnburrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy' yesterday and the music seemed to translate well to the live stage.

Got a few tracks off the album but none really grabbed me completely.

6 great albums. Recommend them all.

Francis Harris - Minutes of Sleep

Moodymann - Moodymann

Lone - Reality Testing

Leon Vynehall - Music for the uninvited

Sun Kil Moon - Benji

The War on Drugs - Lost in the dream.

Got a load of new stuff recently like Owen Pallett, Gruff Rhys, Sharon von Etten. New Caribou out soon too, the track 'Cant do with out you' was released last week.

Out in front for me atm.

St. Vincent, Beck, Real Estate, Marissa Nadler and Iamsu all good too. That Iamsu album is getting a bit of stick in some places but it's a good summer rap album if you're after such a thing. Not sure how it's going to hold up in future though

A bit behind so far in terms of albums and the Together Pangea album being so good has stalled my progress since it's all I've been listening to.

New Electric Ride's debut is class as well and not just because I'm mates with the bassist.

Have a listen to The War on Drugs album. Bruce Springsteen for the modern generation. Under the Pressure is awesome.

Got that on now. Sounds a bit 80s ish. Instantly likeable though. CT's ears will be pricking up at this. :lol:

Will give the album a listen.

St Vincent's is canny. The War on Drugs do nowt for me, personally. Enjoyed Love Letters by Metronomy same for Nabuma Rubberband by Little Dragon. Royksopp's mini album with Robyn is fun and I really enjoyed Soak's Blud EP.

Liars, Beck, War On Drugs, Broken Bells, James, Mogwai, Kevin Drew, Pixies, St Vincent, Sun Kil Moon.

Can't really say I've loved any of them totally like. They've probably all done better stuff (with the exception of War On Drugs).

6 great albums. Recommend them all.

Francis Harris - Minutes of Sleep

Moodymann - Moodymann

Lone - Reality Testing

Leon Vynehall - Music for the uninvited

Sun Kil Moon - Benji

The War on Drugs - Lost in the dream.

Got a load of new stuff recently like Owen Pallett, Gruff Rhys, Sharon von Etten. New Caribou out soon too, the track 'Cant do with out you' was released last week.

Lone is good for grass.

• 2 months later...