7 Years of Ashley

Happy Face

He bought the club May to July 2007 but the accounts for each year start on July 1st so I say that it's his anniversary today.

To celebrate, I've got some graphs :)

£35m profit on transfers....

orpeh2.jpg

He's spent less this year than in any other, including the Championship

5o9pch.jpg

Combined with the sale of Cabaye that's led to one of his most profitable years on the transfer market...

2dufhp2.jpg

I'd wish him many happy returns but I'd be lying.

Twat!

The frustrating thing is he's done lots of things right. Flogging Duff, Viduka, Owen, Martins, Geremi etc. and bringing to an end our period of buying top 4 cast offs on £100kpw is good for the club. We now turn a profit which will be useful if fifa ever implement their own FFP rules.

It's his refusal to kick on with the team or management and coaching set up that fucks me off the most. 5th two years ago, 6th last Xmas, and currently looking at being favourites for relegation

It's the previous 4 years of money spent on signings that gave me pause to think he'd do something this summer. We were consistently investing more in the first team squad, year on year since relegation we increased what we paid on incoming players, and then it just stopped abruptly.

Perhaps it IS the year he looks to sell up.

As we have no footballing ambition the only reason we buy players is to stand still and if possible sell for a profit.

We bought Debuchy 18 months ago for £6 million he's still got 4 years of his contact left with us. With teams queueing up for him he could fetch double or even treble that amount if there's a bidding war. Not sure how much we paid for Krul but with a figure of £10 million being talked about by Spurs again I would imagine a good profit for him.

That dignifies his tenure with more intelligence than he deserves. He's still £240m in the hole.

I don't see it as well thought out asset stripping at all. It's inept bungling from one opportunity to recoup some losses to the next.

I think any figures for the club would have to be taken in the context of any benefit for SD - whether such analysis exists or if it is the shitfest HF describes is another matter.

What an an absolute horror show it's been. How much of it has been enjoyable?

None of it imo. Even when we came 5th we stuttered through many games, one minute Carr is a genius the next he and Pardew are at each others throats over shit signings. It's a joke. We're made to feel small by our owners. We should be at least what Tottenham are, but when every week we as supporters are told to think small and expect small what is the point in our existence? Since he's owned the club he's more than doubled his personal wealth, yet still refuses to invest anything worthwhile in growing the club. It's an evil thing to say, but he's probably the only person I can think of, where if it said on SSN, BREAKING NEWS - MIKE ASHLEY DIES IN HORRIFIC ROAD ACCIDENT, I truthfully would cheer with all my heart, and I would repurchase the season ticket I've just dumped after over 20 years. Fat cunt.

Over 15 years #NUFC amassed £90m debt extending SJP to hold 20k more fans to earn an extra £10m+ every year and building a squad to fill it every week.

In 7 years Mike Ashley has sold £150m of talent, added £60m of debt, got the club relegated, and chased off half of those supporters.

Yet people still defend Ashley because he saved us from Shepherd.

Over 15 years #NUFC amassed £90m debt extending SJP to hold 20k more fans to earn an extra £10m+ every year and building a squad to fill it every week.

In 7 years Mike Ashley has sold £150m of talent, added £60m of debt, got the club relegated, and chased off half of those supporters.

Yet people still defend Ashley because he saved us from Shepherd.

Those people are arseholes to a man, without much of a sex life and with very few friends. I can think of actual examples.

None of it imo. Even when we came 5th we stuttered through many games, one minute Carr is a genius the next he and Pardew are at each others throats over shit signings. It's a joke. We're made to feel small by our owners. We should be at least what Tottenham are, but when every week we as supporters are told to think small and expect small what is the point in our existence? Since he's owned the club he's more than doubled his personal wealth, yet still refuses to invest anything worthwhile in growing the club. It's an evil thing to say, but he's probably the only person I can think of, where if it said on SSN, BREAKING NEWS - MIKE ASHLEY DIES IN HORRIFIC ROAD ACCIDENT, I truthfully would cheer with all my heart, and I would repurchase the season ticket I've just dumped after over 20 years. Fat cunt.

I think the first season back up was canny - as were some of the better games in the season finishing 5th but anything remotely decent has always had something rancid on it's shoulder - such as renaming the ground and generally being cunts. Europe was good too but there's always a sense and feel around the club that it's not yours and you're having the piss took out of you. The sense of hopelessness around the club these days feels like it's never going to shift. Pardew is unsackable, they won't spend a penny and I can never see it ending.

What does Ashley get out of it? I've lost a lot of the feeling I've had for the club and it's been replaced by a sense of loathing, in truth I can't stand the cunts.