To the Reading laddies

peasepud

Brock has just suffered the worlds earliest premature ejaculation :rolleyes:

:yes

81059[/snapback]

Oi!

If she wants a good chinese, nothing beats a Wok On Wheels, it's about 5 mins walk fromt he oracle, or they can deliever it to where she's staying. ;)

If you go a little out of Reading to fleet, there's an all you can eat Chinese restaurant.

If chinese isn't your thing, I'd recommend either Xenuk or Miah's Curry House. Both do great curry and the service is great. :angry:

Of course if push come to shove, there's a Harry Ramsden's not far from the Mad Stad. :o

Where Reading reserves are knocking out West Brom (I didn't go, work to be doing) :icon_lol:

81059[/snapback]

If she wants a good chinese, nothing beats a Wok On Wheels, it's about 5 mins walk fromt he oracle, or they can deliever it to where she's staying. :angry:

If you go a little out of Reading to fleet, there's an all you can eat Chinese restaurant.

If chinese isn't your thing, I'd recommend either Xenuk or Miah's Curry House. Both do great curry and the service is great. :icon_lol:

Of course if push come to shove, there's a Harry Ramsden's not far from the Mad Stad. :o

81062[/snapback]

Some classy ideas there mate,

now then anyone got any sensible ones? ;)

81059[/snapback]

If she wants a good chinese, nothing beats a Wok On Wheels, it's about 5 mins walk fromt he oracle, or they can deliever it to where she's staying. :razz:

If chinese isn't your thing, I'd recommend either Xenuk or Miah's Curry House. Both do great curry and the service is great. :icon_lol:

81062[/snapback]

81067[/snapback]

:angry: Just go down to the sodding Oracle, there's shitloads of places to eat whether you like scrotum and eyelid burgers or lobster bisque. :icon_lol:

Ungrateful sod :angry:

:o Just go down to the sodding Oracle, there's shitloads of places to eat whether you like scrotum and eyelid burgers or lobster bisque.  :yes

Ungrateful sod  :rolleyes:

81070[/snapback]

Divnt look at me Im not going. Just make sure wherever you recommend isnt the haunt of the local Chippendales crew or owt.

81059[/snapback]

If she wants a good chinese, nothing beats a Wok On Wheels, it's about 5 mins walk fromt he oracle, or they can deliever it to where she's staying. :icon_lol:

If chinese isn't your thing, I'd recommend either Xenuk or Miah's Curry House. Both do great curry and the service is great. :razz:

81062[/snapback]

81067[/snapback]

Aye, she's 15 minutes up the road from me! I'll whack the kettle on and do her a Pot Noodle! :angry:

81059[/snapback]

If she wants a good chinese, nothing beats a Wok On Wheels, it's about 5 mins walk fromt he oracle, or they can deliever it to where she's staying. :razz:

81062[/snapback]

81067[/snapback]

Aye, she's 15 minutes up the road from me! I'll whack the kettle on and do her a Pot Noodle! :icon_lol:

81157[/snapback]

"a Pot Noodle" is that slang for "up the arse"? :angry:

Brock has just suffered the worlds earliest premature ejaculation :yes

:o

81059[/snapback]

If she wants a good chinese, nothing beats a Wok On Wheels, it's about 5 mins walk fromt he oracle, or they can deliever it to where she's staying. :angry:

If chinese isn't your thing, I'd recommend either Xenuk or Miah's Curry House. Both do great curry and the service is great. :(

Of course if push come to shove, there's a Harry Ramsden's not far from the Mad Stad. ;)

81062[/snapback]

now then anyone got any sensible ones? :angry:

81067[/snapback]

Aye, she's 15 minutes up the road from me! I'll whack the kettle on and do her a Pot Noodle! :icon_lol:

81157[/snapback]

"a Pot Noodle" is that slang for "up the arse"? :icon_lol:

81163[/snapback]

Nope, it's a freeze-dried snack you pour boiling water over :razz:

*Peasepud's reading it remember :rolleyes:*

There's a fair Loch Fynne seafood place or the London Street Brasserie near the Oracle) is quite upmarket

there's a Spanish tapas place near St Mary's Butts Church that is pretty busy as well

Brock, when Reading get promotion, and assuming Newcastle stay up, who will you support, bearing in mind you have a reading season ticket?

81247[/snapback]

one is pretty certain - and the other "assumption" is a big one right now

Alternatively she could try the Bel and Dragon, you have to drive through an industrial estate but it's pretty much the best in town.

81354[/snapback]

It's Ok but not as good as the London St Brasserie.................

There's an odd small mall somewhere right in the middle that has a good Thai and a smart Italian place upstairs - sort of backs on to the Oracle I think

Alternatively she could try the Bel and Dragon, you have to drive through an industrial estate but it's pretty much the best in town.

81354[/snapback]

It's Ok but not as good as the London St Brasserie.................

There's an odd small mall somewhere right in the middle that has a good Thai and a smart Italian place upstairs - sort of backs on to the Oracle I think

81359[/snapback]

Reading sounds shite like. Is there actually a town centre or is it just a load of industrial estates?

Edited by manc-mag

It's alright. Too many chain bars and restraunts for my liking and as you can see from this carefully thought out list not many decent restaurants, but it never rains, which is a brucey bonus.

There are quite a number of out of town mini shopping centres, but that's the same everywhere.

Eating wise you're well off going out of town as there are some pubs which do cracking food all over Berkshire and oxfordshire.

It's alright. Too many chain bars and restraunts for my liking and as you can see from this carefully thought out list not many decent restaurants, but it never rains, which is a brucey bonus.

There are quite a number of out of town mini shopping centres, but that's the same everywhere.

Eating wise you're well off going out of town as there are some pubs which do cracking food all over Berkshire and oxfordshire.

81370[/snapback]

S'pose you were always going to get a lot of chain stuff to cater for the relatively rapid population expansion-inevitable in that sense. Just wondered if there was like an 'old town', like there is even with the likes of Washington.....and Ibiza. :rolleyes:

You should have seen it in the early 70's..... (i used to work near there) or the 90's for that matter - the whole place closed down at 17:30 apart from a couple of really grotty pubs and 2 manky cinemas

They pedestrianised the main street and opened up the Kennet Riverside and built the Oracle inthe late 90's - its now got quite a nightlife

Shed loads of cash around of course but almost everyone is an "immigrant" - loads of work there............................

Brock, when Reading get promotion, and assuming Newcastle stay up, who will you support, bearing in mind you have a reading season ticket?

81247[/snapback]

Newcastle, I've supported them since I was 4, why would I stop now?

Brock chooses to have a hard rubber object whacked at him from close range on a regular basis....would you go somewhere he reccomended? :rolleyes:

81247[/snapback]

Brock chooses to have a hard rubber object whacked at him from close range on a regular basis....would you go somewhere he reccomended? :rolleyes:

81396[/snapback]

Because you're a Reading season ticket holder? When they play each other, would you get an away ticket?

81247[/snapback]

81396[/snapback]

Because you're a Reading season ticket holder? When they play each other, would you get an away ticket?

81403[/snapback]

I've already been asking if that's possible ;)

I'm sorry I like watching my local team play football. It must really bother you? :o