Emmanuel Rivière

beatty

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardew does not have a clue how to handle talented, skilful, ball players like HBA, Marveaux, MYM, Cabaye . His idea of a footballer is someone who will run for the whole 90 minutes every game, no matter what position they are playing. One example is when the opposition get a corner and we bring back 11 players in the box. If we manage to retain the ball after the corner there is no one up field to take advantage. He has turned Cisse from a player who loved scoring all types of goals to a zombie. He keeps trying with the likes of Obertan and Sammy A who will never make the grade. He can't see that Hiadara is a much better LB than Dummett. He can't see that MYM and Colo should never play together as they both like the left side of defence. Sissoko played in the WC as he did in his first 2/3 games for us. Why is that? I would love to know when or if our coaches go on any 'refresher' courses?

I have no idea why Haidara is behind in the pecking order after Dummett. He has pace, a good tackle and a wonderful cross.

you're pushing it a bit there like :lol: he got 1 goal more than falcao who played half as many games after crippling himself , and 4 more than berbatov who only played 12 games

Aye but my point being for the 6 months those 2 were playing Reviere was on the bench. They've all had roughly the same number of starts

Albeit a friendly in New Zealand, he scored in his first game for us, which has to be taken as a good sign. Granted it wasn't Premier League stuff but it broke the ice.

Scoring is certainly better than not scoring.

The first competitive goal will be a big one for all the forward players. I know he was played put of position due to necessity but Jon Dahl Tomasson demonstrated that goals in friendlies don't provide the same psychological confidence that those in 'proper' games provide. Had he scored that early chance v Sheff Wed things might have been different. I appreciate the differences in this instance but I think the principle is the same.

not sure if it's been mentioned, but I also thought he did well with the assist for the first goal.

plenty of players would have half turned and got off an awkward shot instead.

Albeit a friendly in New Zealand, he scored in his first game for us, which has to be taken as a good sign. Granted it wasn't Premier League stuff but it broke the ice.

Agree. Those little things are important in the warped deranged minds of strikers. Needs to score in his first three league games mind.

Scoring is certainly better than not scoring.

The first competitive goal will be a big one for all the forward players. I know he was played put of position due to necessity but Jon Dahl Tomasson demonstrated that goals in friendlies don't provide the same psychological confidence that those in 'proper' games provide. Had he scored that early chance v Sheff Wed things might have been different. I appreciate the differences in this instance but I think the principle is the same.

He had a proper centre-forward in the friendlies. Then the young lad had to adapt to the PL with Tino as his partner. Never stood a chance.

He had a proper centre-forward in the friendlies. Then the young lad had to adapt to the PL with Tino as his partner. Never stood a chance.

Aye, as I said I appreciate the differences between the two, but the weight of not breaking his competitive duck seemed to get heavier by the game for Tomasson. My memory is patchy but I'm sure I saw him score a lovely goal away to Birmingham, but his pre-season confidence counted for nowt when the real stuff started (it definitely was a factor that he was suddenly thrust further forward due to necessity!). Playing in the correct position/role and with the proper playing support (he would have surely flourish for us behind Shearer) he went on to prove he was a very good footballer.

Confidence wise, it doesn't even have to be a first goal for the club, Cisse's body language got worse and worse last season, in radical contrast to when he first came and was confident enough to try anything and everything!

Of course, this will all be academic when Rivière scores against City (fingers crossed)

Sounds to me like he was sold on this team by getting to play next to Liverpool's new signing.

"I played with Remy for France (youth) a number of times, and I like playing with him so much because he gives so many assists for strikers,” said Riviere.

“Remy is like a (Hatem) Ben Arfa and (Yohan) Cabaye together, a mix. He is a very good player.”

“Playing for France is one of the reasons I moved here."

“So many French players have been selected for France after moving here, so I am hoping for the same."

“It’s a great club to be noticed, so it’s a very good club for my career."

“It should also be nice to have the French players around to help me settle and adapt.”