VANISHING FOAM

One of the best ideas to come out of the WC. Yet the EPL have asked Mike Riley to do a report on the plusses and minuses, especially regarding the extra time involved. Is that a joke. Good enough for the WC but not the EPL. From what I saw it took approx. 30 seconds for the referee to spray the defence line and the ball. EPL referees take much longer than that to warn players to stop moving forward or from players trying to move the ball forward.

That's the English FA in a nutshell though. They tend to look at decent ideas and conspire to do the opposite. Having said that, at times in the World Cup, refs were calling the wall far shorter than 10 yards, specifically when Brazil were involved. Funny that.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

That's the English FA in a nutshell though. They tend to look at decent ideas and conspire to do the opposite. Having said that, at times in the World Cup, refs were calling the wall far shorter than 10 yards, specifically when Brazil were involved. Funny that.

Did not do them much good in the end though B)

Don't see why it would be a problem. Thought it worked great, and any negative (it might take a very minimal amount of time to use it) would be outweighed by the positive (walls encroaching forward take much longer and never get punished with a booking or anything like that).

:D

Aye, can't see any negatives to it.

Did they do away with moving the kick forward for encroachment ?

Like most things they just forgot all about it and never use it. See: 6 second rule. Red cards for foul and abusive language towards refs. Etc etc

Who's going to keep an eye on the line so no one steps over it before the ball is kicked.It's never worked at penalty kicks because every keeper comes off the line before the kick is taken even though a linesman is positioned to watch for this happening.Players of big teams will step over it and nowt will be done about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Shame.

( is it me making shit up, or did we score from one of the first 'moved' free kicks? )

Dacourt scored one against us for Leeds not long after it was first brought in I seem to remember. It ended up being moved into the box. Home game in the league which I think we went on to win after the decision fired up the crowd. Would've been the Robson era.

Dacourt scored one against us for Leeds not long after it was first brought in I seem to remember. It ended up being moved into the box. Home game in the league which I think we went on to win after the decision fired up the crowd. Would've been the Robson era.

You've been a bit like vanishing foam yoursel'. Good to see you back, I've followed your political career with great interest and still can't believe the Dragons knocked back your hangover alleviating headgear, quite obviously a million pound idea.

I think it saved a lot of arguments during the World Cup.

But the FA will need a 254 man committee debating it for the next 27 years before the decide to give it a trial.

Perhaps the Premier League could introduce it themselves. If FIFA say its OK, its OK.

Isn't that right Mr Blatter?

I think it saved a lot of arguments during the World Cup.

But the FA will need a 254 man committee debating it for the next 27 years before the decide to give it a trial.

Perhaps the Premier League could introduce it themselves. If FIFA say its OK, its OK.

Isn't that right Mr Blatter?

Just seems too logical and dare I say fair for the FA to really buy into it.