World Cup

sammynb

Actually, it looks like I'm going to be moving back to the UK before the World Cup happens. A couple of friends aren't too pleased, since I was their "cheap digs for the night" option, but then it's not as if Hamburg exactly has the cream of the first-round ties anyway... Ecuador - Costa Rica and Saudi Arabia - Ukraine indeed...

Actually, it looks like I'm going to be moving back to the UK before the World Cup happens. A couple of friends aren't too pleased, since I was their "cheap digs for the night" option, but then it's not as if Hamburg exactly has the cream of the first-round ties anyway...  Ecuador - Costa Rica and Saudi Arabia - Ukraine indeed...

81133[/snapback]

Bugger (stop that meenzer) there goes my accommodation in Hamburg!

Make that "three friends". Sorry!  :yes  :rolleyes:

81135[/snapback]

Not a problem. At the moment I have accommodation in Dortmund, Koln, Stuttgart, Munich, Kaiserslautern and Frankfurt so I think we will survive.

It must be a bit disappointing living there only to leave just before the finals start.

Make that "three friends". Sorry!  :o  :yes

81135[/snapback]

Not a problem. At the moment I have accommodation in Dortmund, Koln, Stuttgart, Munich, Kaiserslautern and Frankfurt so I think we will survive.

It must be a bit disappointing living there only to leave just before the finals start.

81137[/snapback]

It's a bit of a bugger, yeah... I'd consider nipping back over for a weekend during the summer, but I'm sure all the cheap flights will be gone fairly quickly. Still, could be worse - I'll be back in England in time to enjoy a relatively hooligan-free month... :rolleyes:

The debacle of ticket distribution at the US Soccer Federation is causing some major doubts over here, but I am on speaking terms with the US all time leading scorer who happens to work for ABC Sports, so we'll see.

Could be worse, I suppose, the TnT FA president took all of that country's allocated tickets for his own travel agency. He's also the president of the federation. It's a pain in the ass over here.

The debacle of ticket distribution at the US Soccer Federation is causing some major doubts over here, but I am on speaking terms with the US all time leading scorer who happens to work for ABC Sports, so we'll see.

Could be worse, I suppose, the TnT FA president took all of that country's allocated tickets for his own travel agency.  He's also the president of the federation.  It's a pain in the ass over here.

81139[/snapback]

A similar thing happened here with basically all the Australian allocation going to the FA's travel agency organised tours. But fuck them, I was going long before Australia qualified, go Togo go!

Edited by sammynb

Could be worse, I suppose, the TnT FA president took all of that country's allocated tickets for his own travel agency.  He's also the president of the federation.  It's a pain in the ass over here.

81139[/snapback]

A similar thing happened here with basically all the Australian allocation going to the FA's travel agency organised tours. But fuck them, I was going long before Australia qualified, go Togo go!

81140[/snapback]

No official FA travel agency--it's his own personal business. He's a snake and he's constantly stacked the draws to give TnT a better chance of getting to the cup.... he's finally succeeded too.

you mean no-one made the obvious joke of lsiting the participating countries?

I'm rather surprised...

and a little disappointed in you all

Make that "three friends". Sorry!  :o  :yes

81135[/snapback]

81137[/snapback]

Shouldn't worry much past Munich, Stuttgart and Kaiserslautern if I were you tbh. :rolleyes:

I missed out on tickets so far.

I tried it again by applying for tickets for Eng-Swe, NL-Arg, Bra-Aus, Cro-Aus, the 2nd round fixtures (involving Germany and/or England) and the semi-final in Munich.

I guess I won't get a ticket again. In that case I have to look for some tickets from the prawn&sandwich brigade (i.e. sponsors, what I refused to do so far).

We're booked up for a few days over there at the time, but I can't see myself getting into any games :rolleyes:

81174[/snapback]

Me too. Got holidays that coincide with the semis and the final. Clearly no chance of getting into the ground, but might be worth going to soak up a big of atmosphere.

I'll be there for all the England games, having the 3 lions tatooed on my knob before I go like.

Staying with a couple of German whore's I met on holiday in Portugal a few years ago, they live in a place called Bottrop (sp?) Any of you German nancy boys heard of it? Bet it's nee where near where any of the England games are being played! :lol:

I'll be there for all the England games, having the 3 lions tatooed on my knob before I go like.

Staying with a couple of German whore's I met on holiday in Portugal a few years ago, they live in a place called Bottrop (sp?) Any of you German nancy boys heard of it? Bet it's nee where near where any of the England games are being played!  :lol:

81666[/snapback]

Cologne isn't too far away, approx. 1h by car. Frankfurt is further away and it's a fair distance to Nuremburg (500 km).

Staying with a couple of German whore's I met on holiday in Portugal a few years ago, they live in a place called Bottrop (sp?) Any of you German nancy boys heard of it? Bet it's nee where near where any of the England games are being played!  :lol:

81666[/snapback]

Fuck! You must have a good tattooist smoothy, most of them aren't that good working on such a small surface area. Hope you have also accounted for the scabbing up of the tatt and haven't made your appointment to close to the world cup, (but at least it should look good with the work being fresh) as you know they recommend you don't get the area wet as the tattoo may get infected!

81666[/snapback]

Cologne isn't too far away, approx. 1h by car. Frankfurt is further away and it's a fair distance to Nuremburg (500 km).

81750[/snapback]

So the place actually exists? I thought these lasses were pulling my chain as it sounded like "butt rape" when they said it, thought they were just requesting a sexual act tbh!