Both games in NZ are on BT Sport

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As pre-season games go that wasn't bad at all in terms of entertainment.

Still got a lot of work to do, but some pleasing signs.

Either that it the Hatem Ben Arfa close season diet.

:lol:

As pre-season games go that wasn't bad at all in terms of entertainment.

Still got a lot of work to do, but some pleasing signs.

yeah I enjoyed that a lot more than the sydney game, in spite of the scorelines.

Nice entertaining match, played at a faster pace than the preceding Sydney FC vs West Ham match. We were wasteful with a few chances and they took the game to us on occasion. It was

was good to see Abeid get some time on

the pitch.

Tbh I thought we were pretty poor bearing in mind the standard of the opposition. I couldnt work out what the hell was going on formation wise...we seemed to have anita playing right wing in the first half, haidara left wing and mapou at left back. The play was disjointed and at times our defence was completely overrun. Taylor was appalling imo and elliott couldnt kick a ball. Collo got injured second half I hope hes ok.

On the bright side de jong looked useful until he got injured and colback looked neat and tidy. Gouffran looked spritely at times and the no 35 (I assume this was Aarons but the feckless pa man didnt have his name) looked lively. We did seem to lack an end product though and we seemed to struggle to create chances.pp

All in all a cracking day out. The whole squad went for a stroll down the waterfront so we got to say hello, which was nice. A privilege to see the lads down here I just hope that was a case of chucking the lads on for a bit of a kick around rather than a serious attempt at a match.

The icing on the cake was walking past a very glum and orange sam allardyce at the airport afterwards.

We started 352 with Anita/Haidara as wing backs and Yanga as the left CB. Gouffran was playing infront of Abeid/Colback and behind Riviere/de Jong.

Then we went 4231 in the second half. Yanga moved to RB/Haidara further back. Aarons was LW and Gouffran moved out right.

Whatever it was first half it was dog shit imo. Our right hand side and taylor in particular looked poor to me. It was only inept finishing from our hosts that prevented us from conceding.

I wouldn't say we dominated. They probably had the better chances and we could have lost in a different day.

Watching that today it makes you wonder why we bought Perez when Armstrong looks just as good if not better?

I wouldn't say we dominated. They probably had the better chances and we could have lost in a different day.

Watching that today it makes you wonder why we bought Perez when Armstrong looks just as good if not better?

Not sure I understand your logic. Are we only allowed one promising forward?