• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd start de Jong on Sunday tbh. Risk worth taking.

Nope. I'd rather give him 25 against Spurs, (depending on how the game is panning out), then have him start the next 5.

Imagine he is rushed back and gets crocked in the 1st 25 minutes.

Not worth the risk imo

Given that Carver has learned so much from Pardew I'd expect SDJ to start. Personally I think it woudl be rank stupidity to rush him back at this stage. As ewerk says it's risk of him picking up another strain or something when his bodys not ready.

Given that Carver has learned so much from Pardew I'd expect SDJ to start. Personally I think it woudl be rank stupidity to rush him back at this stage. As ewerk says it's risk of him picking up another strain or something when his bodys not ready.

He played last night, so I can't see him starting on Sunday?

You overestimate Carver's intelligence then!

Perhaps, but I think we'll see much the same line-up as took the field against Liverpool.

Colo for Anita & Jonas for Sissoko? Maybe Anita keeps his spot and moves into midfield?

Probably. Playing Anita in midfeild would be almost as stupid as starting SDJ given that he's fucking hopeless there but I don't think either of those scenarios are out of the question while Bo Selecta's picking the team.

• 3 weeks later...

Here to save the fucking day.

Declared fit for the weekend?

More worried about the back 4 to be honest.

Don't think people should be putting pressure on him to be our "saviour" the lad is only young, and we haven't really seen that much of him. Granted he had good games against Man City and Liverpool but the last 3 games of this season are going to be whole different kettle of fish.

The pressure going into these games is unbelievable, and I'm not sure he will perform under all the expectation

• 5 months later...