• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Renton would be on the right wing. Way way way out there on the right.

Fist would want to be in the hole, despite being ineffectual anywhere near the box. He'd want to feed off Cath's impressive presence up front.

And of course Meenzer would be rock solid at the back.

Edited by The Fish

He was our most promising youngster not too long ago. Suddenly gets hit with a load of injuries and now apparently off on a free. Says a lot about our youth management and the way this shambles of a club is run.

I'd imagine they've offered him one and he's turned it down. If he's asking for £60kpw what can we do? He's played about 3 good games in his career

He'd probably have accepted less if we were guaranteed to be in the top flight next season. As it stands, I can't blame him for wanting a move, nor can I blame the club for holding off on offering a big contract to someone who, as you say, has only played a few good games for us and has a suspect injury record.

Edited by The Fish

Have we actually offered him a new contract? We waited till end of the season last year to start dishing out new contracts

Hardly fills the lad with confidence when we have let him run down his contract to less than six months left

Should of got him to sign a contract in the summer, if we do go down he'll be canny in the championship

I heard (dunno if it's true) that his injury issues were why he was released from Bristol in the first place. It's always a worry when you see young players pick up so many muscle injuries. It seems that if they regularly get them young then they stay with them throughout their career.

With regards to him not signing because of the position we're in, I'm not sure I buy that. If we do get relegated theres more chance he will play. Surely he must realise that given the lack of playing time he's had so far, getting a regular game would be his best bet to developing his career and maximising his earnings (the most important issue for any young player these days!).

The thing is the main reason he hasn't played is because he's been injured/coming back from injury. It's not like he's constantly on the bench waiting to come on, keeps himself fit he'll probably play as a left sided winger for us.

I would be tempted to start him tonight, with Townsend on the other side

God knows the last we played with 2 actual wingers

Edited by gpirlo68

I heard (dunno if it's true) that his injury issues were why he was released from Bristol in the first place. It's always a worry when you see young players pick up so many muscle injuries. It seems that if they regularly get them young then they stay with them throughout their career.

With regards to him not signing because of the position we're in, I'm not sure I buy that. If we do get relegated theres more chance he will play. Surely he must realise that given the lack of playing time he's had so far, getting a regular game would be his best bet to developing his career and maximising his earnings (the most important issue for any young player these days!).

If he doesn't sign, he could be picked up by someone like Everton, or maybe a bigger club will take a punt on a free, promising youngster. He'll believe he's good enough to get enough 1st team action, no matter where he goes. So why would he stay for guaranteed 1st team games in the Championship, when he could get 1st team games in the Premier League?

If he doesn't sign, he could be picked up by someone like Everton, or maybe a bigger club will take a punt on a free, promising youngster. He'll believe he's good enough to get enough 1st team action, no matter where he goes. So why would he stay for guaranteed 1st team games in the Championship, when he could get 1st team games in the Premier League?

Seriously, you're blatantly taking the piss now.

The idea that someone will pick up Rolando Aarons and plonk a hardly played perenially injured unproven utility player into their first team is cloud cuckoo land thinking.

Read my post again. I said that he'll believe he can start games, so why would he choose to stay with Newcastle in the Championship.

Stay off the lunchtime buckfast binge mate :good:

Read my post again. I said that he'll believe he can start games, so why would he choose to stay with Newcastle in the Championship.

Stay off the lunchtime buckfast binge mate :good:

If you knew what you were talking about people wouldn't keep disagreeing. Yo said He'll get picked up blah blah blah. Then the he'll believe bollocks. Your first sentence is the one spouting shit which I took you to task on.

If you knew what you were talking about people wouldn't keep disagreeing. Yo said He'll get picked up blah blah blah. Then the he'll believe bollocks. Your first sentence is the one spouting shit which I took you to task on.

You disagree that Rolando Aarons would be picked up by an average Premier league club if he were to see out his contract? Because that's why I said.

You disagree that he believes he's good enough to win a starting place in the Premier league? Because that's why I said.

Oh and you didn't take anybody to task on anything, old bean.

Hope this helps.

You disagree that Rolando Aarons would be picked up by an average Premier league club if he were to see out his contract? Because that's why I said.

You disagree that he believes he's good enough to win a starting place in the Premier league? Because that's why I said.

Oh and you didn't take anybody to task on anything, old bean.

Hope this helps.

Yes it does it helps point out that even an average premier league team will not pick up an unproven injury riddled journeyman.

Yes it does it helps point out that even an average premier league team will not pick up an unproven injury riddled journeyman.

Wanna put some money on it?

I assert that; If Aarons goes in the summer, he'll be approached by a team that is average or better (By English Premier League standards).