Schalke 04 Tournament

Mr Gittes

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some mates are going but only on the Sunday, they're at Bochum on Friday night and another fritz 2nd division game on the Saturday afternoon. Sounds a fuckin belter, but my missus booked her holidays in January before this was announced....again....:glare:

I could've sworn the blue dippers were in this tournament. The stadium looks absolutely fantastic. It hosted the CL Final when Mourinho won it with FC Porto iirc.

Quest is on channel 38 Freeview and 176 Sky.

ewerk, you have missed the joys of Cash Cab and Total fishing on weekend mornings

Cash Cab is our 5am guilty pleasure at work :D

I could've sworn the blue dippers were in this tournament. The stadium looks absolutely fantastic. It hosted the CL Final when Mourinho won it with FC Porto iirc.

They're not but they'd still claim they've taken 20,000

Pah it's supposed to be the German equivalent of the toon isn't it?

Shared former industrial (esp. mining) heritage/working-class background aye, but in terms of culture, surroundings, national reputation/impact etc. there's no comparison. Gelsenkirchen is more of a Middlesbrough in that respect.

I'd say Middlesbrough is rather unfair, but Meenzer is right.

You can rather compare the football teams with both being seen as underperformers in relation to their fan base and potential.

For those who go I recommend looking for small pubs in Buer (a part of the city close to the stadium) where you can mix up with locals who are rather likely to be very passionate about football (but not Dortmund).

We don't play West Ham in this, just the two games against Malaga and Schalke.

#NUFC v Malaga (4-2-3-1): Elliot; Yanga-Mbiwa, S Taylor, Coloccini, Haidara; Abeid, Colback; Sissoko, Armstrong, Cabella; Perez #SchalkeCup

Edited by beatty