Sir Bobby

catmag

There was a sense of him not quite being as good as he had been but it was very much the two fuckwits in charge who made the call fearing relegation after 3 or 4 games. They always mention the wolves game but that had been pretty much forgotten by then until it was weaved into the hounded out scenario.

The spitting thing was supposedly when he was England manager as well.

The Mackems really can't handle us being associated with someone so well respected and famous and even try and call him a liar regarding who he supported.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a sense of him not quite being as good as he had been but it was very much the two fuckwits in charge who made the call fearing relegation after 3 or 4 games. They always mention the wolves game but that had been pretty much forgotten by then until it was weaved into the hounded out scenario.

It was who the fuckwits chose to replace him with that was the biggest factor in the beginning of our downfall.

I was for keeping Robson at the time too. I thought it was mad sacking him just a couple of weeks into the new season after all the success he brought to the club. If they wanted him out they should have done it with dignity he deserved and moved him upstairs during the summer and allow him to help groom his successor, with time to get a team ready for the new season.

The whole debacle was massively exacerbated by the fact they replaced him with Souness. We've never really recovered from it - or hit the heights Robson managed since he was sacked.

I was for keeping Robson at the time too. I thought it was mad sacking him just a couple of weeks into the new season after all the success he brought to the club. If they wanted him out they should have done it with dignity he deserved and moved him upstairs during the summer and allow him to help groom his successor, with time to get a team ready for the new season.

The whole debacle was massively exacerbated by the fact they replaced him with Souness. We've never really recovered from it - or hit the heights Robson managed since he was sacked.

That's in no way down to Sheppard though, totally not his fault.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

I'm not afraid to admit I wanted him to stop being our manager at the time. He seemed like he had lost touch with the players and I felt it was time to move on. I never turned on him, I still loved him but his time had come. Like you say it should have been handled much better than those fuckwits did and everyone knew from day one that he shouldn't have been replaced by Souness (well everyone except Gemmill).

The day he died was the day I split up with the missus. So I real mixed emotions about the day.

It doesn't matter it's not true. There was no hounding and anyone trying to say there was is wrong. Just as anyone who tries to say there wasn't a substantial part of our support who felt it was time for him to move on is wrong.

It was time for Bobby to go, he was losing it and you can put that down to his age, his workload, and his continuing battles with health issues.

Thing is, he should never have been sacked, he should have been moved upstairs from where he could have helped the new manager, the team, and the Club.

Occasionally I would go to Roker Park but the attraction was who was on the visiting team. I remember going to Roker once just to see George Best, Dennis Law, and Bobby Charlton.

It was time for Bobby to go, he was losing it and you can put that down to his age, his workload, and his continuing battles with health issues.

Thing is, he should never have been sacked, he should have been moved upstairs from where he could have helped the new manager, the team, and the Club.

This is correct, the manner in which it was conducted was disgraceful. But then again Shepherd always was morally redundant.

If it was done properly the club could have moved forward, Robson had built a quality young squad capable of pushing the top 4 for a good few years. Instead it turned into right mess through poor handling of the situation.

Aye, but we bought Woodgate in the January for a hefty fee, which people tend to forget. Brought in Ambrose too before that season was out. Not that he was any good but he was a player SBR wanted.