Sir Bobby

catmag

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't deny it happened. I said it had no relevance. It still doesn't.

do you have to hijack every single post i make for the purpose of maintaining your vendetta against me?

i stopped posting on here because of you, returning to start the RIP thread about The Undertaker & Liam.

because that was respectfully observed, i returned to make last night's post, which you've been all over like a rash.

you don't have to pursue this agenda; you can ignore what i say if you don't like it

Edited by Gene_Clark

Yep. The bairn was nearly 5 months old and we took him to SJP.

sirbobby_zps72de992c.jpg

:D

I normally look at baby pictures of people and can't see anything of the older version in them. All babies tend to look the same to me. But he's hardly changed. Already full of character in that pic.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I see the mackems are out in force on a point scoring mission again, small minded obsessed fuckers that they are.

"He wasn't a mag". "Hounded out". "They spat at him". Generic shite they roll out at any given opportunity.

Totally against everything Bobby stood for.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

I see the mackems are out in force on a point scoring mission again, small minded obsessed fuckers that they are.

"He wasn't a mag". "Hounded out". "They spat at him". Generic shite they roll out at any given opportunity.

Their moral amnesia is as pathetic as their seats are pink.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/settle-one-for-me-on-bobby-robson.540613/

I'm fucking sick of it tbh, I really am

I almost wish the SBR foundation would release some sort of statement to put the story straight

I'm fucking sick of it tbh, I really am

I almost wish the SBR foundation would release some sort of statement to put the story straight

To be fair they have bigger priorities than those unwashed, uneducated dullards down the road.

Just ignore it. Just remember: a paedophile's name rang around their stadium last season and their club covered up for his nonce behaviour. They're in no position to point the finger at anyone on any matter.

To be fair they have bigger priorities than those unwashed, uneducated dullards down the road.

Yeah you're tbh, bad example they do have better things to do

I just wish we could put the story straight, sick of seeing EVERY single time his name is mentioned (even if not Newcastle related) a mackem has to put 'mags spat on him'

Edited by gpirlo68

Agreed. I think he liked going to watch them after he finally retired, he just liked watching football and being among football folk without any real prejudice, and Niall Quinn treated him brilliantly from what I gather. Niall Quinn who was gobbed on by a mackem outside Roker in 1996...according to Niall Quinn's own book that is. Obviously Shepherd undermining then sacking Sir Bob made visits to SJP a tiny bit awkward too after 2004.

In Sir Bob's own book, he was on about when Shearer scored five v Sheffield Weds in Sir Bob's first home game in charge. He said that it was also there the last time a player scored that many for NUFC with his dad, v Newport County in 1946 :lol: Len Shackleton scored six http://www.11v11.com/matches/newcastle-united-v-newport-county-05-october-1946-103750/

He also talks about getting the bus with his old man from Langley Park to Chester Le Street, then another to Haymarket, just to watch us every other week. He also talks about how he'd ask "how have Newcastle got on?" regardless of where he was working in the world, every Saturday at 4-45 pm. He also said that when he looked out at a full house at SJP from the dugout he saw his dad sitting in every single seat and accordingly wanted to please us all as much as he could. Am almost certain he doesn't mention Sunderland once in the entire book, but seeing as I can remember all that off the top of my head, I think it's a good bet I'm right.

Regardless of how a few morons treated him when he was England manager 35 years ago, he was and remained a Newcastle United supporter until the day he died. I'll tell you who did go and watch the mackems as kids from time to time, Bobby and Jackie Charlton, it says so in Bob's book abut his career at Manu. Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if It turned out that Sir Bob went to Roker too in his younger day, hundreds of his and the Charltons' generation would watch both clubs week about, whoever was at home. But Sir Bob was a Mag to his bootstraps, just because he'd probably get something from any game of football he watched across his entire life doesn't alter that. Them down the road should really stop trying to rewrite history on this because the facts don't bare out what they say.

Edited by PaddockLad

He might have been a legend, but at the time of his dismissal a not insubstantial amount of fans did turn on him. Calling him for being too old, losing his memory and wanting him out. In my section I was a minority in saying he was doing well and we were at the peak of our ability. But oh no, people wanted the title and blamed him for finishing in the top 5.

just saying like..