Facundo Ferreyra

The Fish

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I mean every single media report that's come out today on the back of this news.

Oh yeah, forgot how closely we co-operate with the media. Pardew saying we're 1 striker light and us signing a striker meaning we have 4 strikers should be enough evidence

Oh yeah, forgot how closely we co-operate with the media. Pardew saying we're 1 striker light and us signing a striker meaning we have 4 strikers should be enough evidence

:lol: When it suits, eh.

Well getting a completely unproven one in on loan is as close to not getting one as you can get really. I wanted a proven goalscorer, but I suppose from the 3 unknown quantities we've brought in there's a chance one could come good.

It's not though really is it?

I want us to sign a proven scorer as much as you but saying signing three players and saying it's virtually the same as signing no one is complete bollocks. Of course there's a risk they won't cut it but it's a lot less of a risk than signing no one at all.

It's not though really is it?

I want us to sign a proven scorer as much as you but saying signing three players and saying it's virtually the same as signing no one is complete bollocks. Of course there's a risk they won't cut it but it's a lot less of a risk than signing no one at all.

I agree, that's why I never said that

Not really grumpy, I've already said it's better than signing nobody. Not really one to jump with joy about is it. My point about us not being prepared to pay the premium that proven goalscorers cost remains valid btw. We really need a CB now then we can be hopeful of an alright season, and if we're being greedy we could do with a more cultured player for the centre of the park. Maybe De Jong will be playing deeper now we've got more strikers in?

Edited by ClubSpinDoctor

Looks like he was the Remy alternative

“I think he’s had plenty of chances to come to us,” Pardew told BBC Newcastle.

“We made it very clear that we would like to have him and it hasn’t really happened and therefore sometimes you have to say where’s the line drawn for us as a club as we have our own respect and our own professionalism.

“So maybe that one has gone away but like all transfers they’re never, ever over so we’ll keep our finger on the pulse.”

Rough translation:

We've asked him lots of times and he said no, so we're going to say no in an attempt to make it look like we're in control, unless he says yes, and then we'll sign him immediately.

Looks like he was the Remy alternative

“We made it very clear that we would like to have him and it hasn’t really happened and therefore sometimes you have to say where’s the line drawn for us as a club as we have our own respect and our own professionalism.

:lol: