Starting XI for Man City

Kid Dynamite

I think we'll see close to our 1st team for the game against Sociedad, but probably only the 1st half.

You would think we should do. Surely it makes sense to give the players you are wanting to play together the chance to get some familarity with each other.

Haidara has performed better in pre season and looks in better shape. I can't see him starting Dummett as Man City are pretty pacey and Dummett is fairly slow- although I do think there's a good player in there somewhere.

Haidara has performed better in pre season and looks in better shape. I can't see him starting Dummett as Man City are pretty pacey and Dummett is fairly slow- although I do think there's a good player in there somewhere.

In Dummett?

He's decent defensively and has good instincts there, but I'm not sure if that'll be enough to make up for short comings when his position is more and more about attacking ability.

He is extremely limited on the ball and very sluggish physically. Very Danny Simpson in possession; if a simple pass is not available he immediately looks for a channel ball.

Not the hallmarks of a promising youngster. Not sure what he's done to merit the first team exporsure.

Have I missed something!!

Why wouldn't Janmaat be fit? He played in the World Cup and hasn't done nowt but holiday since then and surely he has kept himself relatively fit in preparation for a new season.

Have I missed something!!

Why wouldn't Janmaat be fit? He played in the World Cup and hasn't done nowt but holiday since then and surely he has kept himself relatively fit in preparation for a new season.

Because just like Meenzer wouldn't attempt a marathon without first preparing for it, CT wouldn't tackle an all you can eat buffet without working the gut muscles and you wouldn't take on the stairs without at least a couple of lunges, Janmaat will need to get from physically fit to match fit.

Bear in mind he's played a lot of football last season and his Jody needs some time to recover before he does it all again.