Jamaal Lascelles and Karl Darlow

Tooj

• 5 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Shock that Hope is all over this btw, loves any negative story about the club or fanbase the little cunt. “Zombie zone” btw :lol: even fucking Ryder would come up with better than that. 

• Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Howay said:

Shock that Hope is all over this btw, loves any negative story about the club or fanbase the little cunt. “Zombie zone” btw :lol: even fucking Ryder would come up with better than that. 

"He's showing his naivety is Hopey, here like. Ah call it the 'spar practice' zone where yi get to keep ya hand in so's you don't get soft and some wide moothed lippy cunt gets it straight from the Ryder shoulder and wakes up with a sore jaw in the morning! Lol."

Lee-Ryder__01.jpg.63daa0698627e2a608f2a23f4b21415d.jpg

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

"He's showing his naivety is Hopey, here like. Ah call it the 'spar practice' zone where yi get to keep ya hand in so's you don't get soft and some wide moothed lippy cunt gets it straight from the Ryder shoulder and wakes up with a sore jaw in the morning! Lol."

Lee-Ryder__01.jpg.63daa0698627e2a608f2a23f4b21415d.jpg

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

• Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...

shout out to the skipper. 

he's had a lot of stick. i've dished it out as much as anyone. i doubted he was good enough for where there club is going, but i thought he was bloody brilliant last night. motm along with tino and joelinton, for me. 

he's always been a solid, old fashioned defender but i didn't think he could ever be moulded to play out from the back the way CBs have to in the modern game. the biggest compliment i can pay him last night was that we didn't miss fabian schar. his pass completion rate is close to 90% - very tidy indeed - and it wasn't just easy, short sideways passes. he actually looked composed on the bell, and tried to play it forwards - notably for the ball that split city's defensive lines to play murphy in to start the move that ended up in our goal. 

we've talked about how howe has transformed players. lascelles is still only 29. he will be needed this season  - schar can't play 50-60 games - and on last night's evidence we can trust him to come in and do a job. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

Lets not collectively suck his cock off one League Cup performance against Man City's second string.

why not though? that man city team was still pretty decent on paper - definitely better than the one we started the game with.

howe could have binned him in the summer, but he obviously sees something he can work with. and he's done an unbelievable job already transforming players we had previously given up on (schar/joelinton/krafth/almiron/murphy etc). i've never seen lascalles pass the ball forwards before like he did yesterday. he barely gave it away, which is rare for him. can you dig out his historic pass completion stats and compare them to last night? just in case i'm getting carried away

lascelles is still only 29 and has always had the physical attributes. it was the concentration, lack of composure and quality on the ball that let him down. he's playing alongside better players now under a quality coach. i'm happy with him as third choice CB. i imagine he'd look decent alongside botman. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Lets not collectively suck his cock off one League Cup performance against Man City's second string.

Fair. You can do it yourself 👍🏻

• Haha 4