Jamaal Lascelles and Karl Darlow

Tooj

I'm hoping my early concerns about his ability were premature, he's certainly got the right kind of character we need at the club. 

He's still prone to the odd silly decision and taking up the wrong position, but hopefully those wrinkles will be ironed out through experience and under Benitez' tutelage. 

Hearing him (and Hayden) speak, it makes me think that there's a decent amount of young lads coming through who are far more professional than the great wash of entitled pricks that preceded them. 

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Captain, leader, legend (hopefully) 

Captain, Not a Racist, Doesn't shag his teammates wife, Leader, Legend...

• 4 weeks later...

Aye I know we haven't got the best squad available but at least we know they mostly all want to be here, be involved with the club, play for the shirt and not just a bigger payday elsewhere. 

I think some forget that after years of wanting a team that at least tries, some write players off quickly for not having the ability of past players weve had.

Edited by StoneColdStephenIreland
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Aye I know we haven't got the best squad available but at least we know they mostly all want to be here and be involved with the club and play for the shirt and not just a bigger payday elsewhere. 

I think some forget that after years of wanting a team that at least tries, some write players off quickly for not having the ability of past players weve had.

Spot on that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Aye I know we haven't got the best squad available but at least we know they mostly all want to be here and be involved with the club and play for the shirt and not just a bigger payday elsewhere. 

well said.

• 1 month later...

I'm of the opinion that our captain is one of the few in the modern game who can be seen both anecdotally and literally leading his teammates partly  because of the abysmal example set by Collocini when he joined the club 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5260199/amp/Jamaal-Lascelles-Newcastles-tactics-against-Man-City.html?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by PaddockLad

Was just coming to post that myself. It's been a while since we had a true leader on the pitch imo. Hope he gets an England call up soon so that he doesn't leave to get it somewhere else. 

Saddened but not surprised by what he says about the time under McClaren. The bloke was clearly seen as a joke.

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I'm of the opinion that our captain is one of the few in the modern game who can be seen both anecdotally and literally leading his teammates partly  because of the abysmal example set by Collocini when he joined the club 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5260199/amp/Jamaal-Lascelles-Newcastles-tactics-against-Man-City.html?__twitter_impression=true

Decent interview although giving Man City as an example of a team full of foreigners with shit morale is daft, given they just broke the record for consecutive league wins

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Would love to see him debating things out with Neville and Carragher tbh. Partly because they’d shit themselves at being taken to task by a player who doesn’t agree with them.

Aye rather than the cock smoking sycophants that sniff around them.