Newcastle United V Manchester City | Sunday 17 August 2014 | St. James' Park | Kick-off 16:00

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a good feeling for this one, reckon we can snatch a point. 1-1.

Attendance will be interesting ...

It's pretty close to a sellout.

Only singles available in most places except the back corners of the Gallowgate and Leazes and the posh seats.

Stevie's example wasn't publicised enough for others to follow. He should have mentioned it more.

Remarkable support for a team that lost 14 from their last 20 competitive games though.

It's pretty close to a sellout.

Only singles available in most places except the back corners of the Gallowgate and Leazes and the posh seats.

Stevie's example wasn't publicised enough for others to follow. He should have mentioned it more.

Remarkable support for a team that lost 14 from their last 20 competitive games though.

Aye, remarkable indeed. Probably would have been down a couple of thousand with another JFK-esque transfer window I reckon. Most people where probably at a point in the summer where they thought twice about renewing before they saw 7 new faces coming in and now are curious as to what sort of impact those signings will have on the team.

Edited by Mr Gittes

Btw, De Jong and Tiote should make the squad for Man City according to Pardew. Been training "well" today.

I wouldn't risk either of them at all, unless they're 100%.

Tiote would have to be at his best to compete with their midfield, so I'd rather Anita + Colback (or whomever) do the Acuna & McClen thing. De Jong wouldn't get much of the ball even when we've a full strength team, so why risk aggravating an injury now?

Unleash them and Ferreyra on Villa on the 23rd and give them a good half hour or so in the League Cup so they're fighting fit for the next few fixtures. I'd expect points from 7 of our first 8 games to be honest.

Agreed. Strange thing is Pardew telling us today he would be disappointed if they weren't fit, while on Sunday he claimed Tiote was definitely out and De Jong only with outside chances ...

Alan "trust me" Pardew

SDJ has got a good record against Citeh. I would imagine both him and the clown who manages us know this and will both be desperate for him to play.

I also think coco sees him as critical to how he wants us to play this season so he'll give him every chance to make it.

Agreed. Strange thing is Pardew telling us today he would be disappointed if they weren't fit, while on Sunday he claimed Tiote was definitely out and De Jong only with outside chances ...

Tiote's asking price mustn't have been met. ;)

Oh God, I just realised there's going to be some awful orchestrated handshake & love-in when Pardew meets Pellegrini, isn't there?

Its not the thing we should be dreading the most to be honest.

The dry bumming will be a main course of vomit after an appetiser of shit

I'm down Saturday-Monday for it. Really looking forward to a couple of days in Newcastle. Been a while. Looking forward to everything but the game. :lol: