Isis

Dr Gloom

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather we did something than sit back an ignored the problem

What are we actually doing though? It seems like best case scenario our air strikes will have minimal positive impact; worst case they'll make things even worse.

We're just joining to say we've joined.

What are we actually doing though? It seems like best case scenario our air strikes will have minimal positive impact; worst case they'll make things even worse.

We're just joining to say we've joined.

Fighting an abhorrent ideology. Those who are directing this are hopng the arabs do the dirty work on the ground so long as infrastructure is dismantled from the air. A war against ideology will not be won like that though, but it gains popularity in the West because it makes it look like something is being done about it. Nuking the place will do a better job and take a lot less effort imo. Avoids all the red tape bullshit.

Alternatively, nuking the place would be a crime against humanity, destabilising for international politics throughout the world, and reasonaly likely to kick off WW3...

Although I agree on the ideology bit - we're not going to win this with bombing. We're not going to win this full stop.

Aye you can see that when you read comments like Ken's. Im grateful to him in some ways. Has helped explain a lot regarding how things have gotten this bad. And that they're only going to get worse.

Aye things like opening the door to mass immigration, pacifying the twats and their religious fanatacism all over the world for the last 2 decades has obviously helped so lets have more of the same. Shariah Law in the west would solve this problem forever.

Pacifying the twats by invading their homelands, exploiting their key resources, then leaving behind an utter mess a few years later. Oh not to forget, leaving advanced weaponry behind for them to have fun with, as a goodwill gift I suppose.

Im sure they feel very pacified.

Not that what the Americans have been doing in the middle east absolves ISIS of their actions. Some would say repeating the same action over and over again and expecting different results is stupidity, however.

Pacifying the twats by invading their homelands, exploiting their key resources, then leaving behind an utter mess a few years later. Oh not to forget, leaving advanced weaponry behind for them to have fun with, as a goodwill gift I suppose.

Not that what the Americans have been doing in the middle east absolves ISIS of their actions. Some would say repeating the same action over and over again and expecting different results is stupidity, however.

Definition of madness not stupidity.

Perpetual war has its uses though. I don't think any of our political overlords are expecting a conventional 'win' here, just considering that there are wider strategic benefits at stake. Which is really depressing.

Really don't buy into this pacifying business either... we'd be exactly the same if the US had been destabilising and periodically bombing Europe for the past 50 odd years. Perhaps religion wouldn't be the rallying cry, but knowing Europe it'd be fascism.

Alternatively, nuking the place would be a crime against humanity, destabilising for international politics throughout the world, and reasonaly likely to kick off WW3...

Although I agree on the ideology bit - we're not going to win this with bombing. We're not going to win this full stop.

Look, at least the option of nuking the caliphate is much more cost effective and requires a lot less organisation and buildup. Russia has no grounds to cry wolf about it either.

Worth a read:

The War Nerd: Let’s put Islamic State’s menacing advance into perspective by… looking at a map

http://pando.com/2014/09/28/the-war-nerd-lets-put-islamic-states-menacing-advance-into-perspective-by-looking-at-a-map/

The War Nerd is brilliant, he has a very good book out as well....

IS although brutal and clearly evil is on the face of things no real threat to any serious outfit once confronted...What they are doing is thriving on media coverage which is attracting nutters from around the globe.

2432168.jpg

Edited by Park Life

`What they are doing is thriving on media coverage which is attracting nutters from around the globe.`

isnt that a good thing? keep em all together in once place and then bomb them.....like nukin pegswood...

The main reason for the bombardment will be to get the oil fields isis is running and making cash from back/inoperational. Not needing funding from their old benefactors isis are now proper rogue and hence the panic in the Ministry of Truth.

Pacifying the twats by invading their homelands, exploiting their key resources, then leaving behind an utter mess a few years later. Oh not to forget, leaving advanced weaponry behind for them to have fun with, as a goodwill gift I suppose. Im sure they feel very pacified. Not that what the Americans have been doing in the middle east absolves ISIS of their actions. Some would say repeating the same action over and over again and expecting different results is stupidity, however.

Pacifying the twats by invading their homelands, exploiting their key resources, then leaving behind an utter mess a few years later. Oh not to forget, leaving advanced weaponry behind for them to have fun with, as a goodwill gift I suppose. Im sure they feel very pacified. Not that what the Americans have been doing in the middle east absolves ISIS of their actions. Some would say repeating the same action over and over again and expecting different results is stupidity, however.

What are you calling their homelands