Isis

Dr Gloom

Erm... yes we are at war. We declared war on them in the houses of parliament after the beheading of the UK citizens... sheesh, google it if you want. We don't bomb anyone we are not at war with, that would be against international law and the UN would be all over us.

Given that IS is not an internationally recognised nation or state then we cannot be at war with them.

The UK hasn't actually declared war on anyone since WW2.

Edited by ewerk

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes on this forum, it appears that you really like to jump on certain posters with petty abuse, thanks for the attention.

Fish, its a risk to the UK, jihad is not aimed at iraqi's. They want to control resources and build capability. All infidels are in their long term sights.

My definition of treason would be to fight for an enemy of your home country. We are at war with these guys

Glad that with such views of allowing genocide that we are in 2014 and not 1939.

:lol:

Your definition of treason is neither here nor there. What you're advocating is trying these people for something which would more than likely see them walk free at considerable expense to the taxpayer.

Havent declared war since WW2. Lol. So the 25 plus wars since then haven't happened.. nice to see remembrance day brings home more modern conflicts.. Korea, the falklands, operation desert storm, were just a game... a schoolkid can use wikipedia and see the history of war declarations..

I'll just agree to disagree on this one.

I don't understand why the view is we aren't at war when it was officially discussed in parliament, so I bow out. Search any news site , e.g channel 4.

Edited by scoobos

We haven't formally declared war since World War Two. Hence the argument that lawyers would have a field defending anyone charged with treason over this. You could argue we're actually at war and have been on many occasions since then but that's a completely different matter in legal terms. Do you think someone representing the Crown would have much luck citing google like? Is this a wind-up, btw?

No genuinely I'm not on the wind up, I hope ewark is though, with the no war declarations since ww2 comment. Whilst formal declarations on the radio are a thing of the past, a country has to make a declaration otherwise we would be breaking international law bombing anyone, which unlike Isreal and the US is something most countries take seriously. Islamic state is a self proclaimed (and possibly now very nearly) state, therefore we are at war.

We've pretty publically declared war on IS though, which is why I'm a bit bamboozled. Even here in the carribean its been all over the media.

Treason includes fighting for an enemy during war, co-incidentally I was happy to read that the house of lords are discussing the treason debate, as several of its members want treason charges against any returning fighters.

I find it abhorrent that the the public are apathetic on genocide , in a world with far more open media than just 10 years ago, and also that the state would even consider allowing ANYONE whos been fighting with IS back in. Mothers appealing for sons to come home should know that hes getting arrested at the border.

I quoted google meaning to find some factual references, which would of course be admissible as evidence, we may disagree but its a bit silly to try say anything that can be found via google cannot be cited, we'd be pretty fucked if that was the case.

Not really got anything else to add here, I've had my soapbox moment.

Edited by scoobos

FFS. How can we be at war when we're not fighting another nation? It's like saying the war on drugs is a valid war.

In case you haven't noticed, Iraq have invited us to launch our bombs in their country. Your grasp of international law is as strong as your grasp on... well pretty much any other subject.

The clues in the name ewerk and again with the abuse. Dont throw stones in glass houses mr no war since ww2, heh. I'm still waiting for your political comeback which you "will reply fully to on my return". Liking the war with IS, Vietnam (usa), Indonesia, to a buzzphrase "war on drugs" is invalid, of course you can have wars without fighting a country, you fight ideologies within a country. North Vietnam was not a sovereign state for example, there's liberation wars too.

I find it grating how I can come on and give my views on any subject and you roll in with this "I am correct" attitude. But I don't have anything more comstructive to add really.

Fish, bit of a mix mate, we get the US channels if you get satellite but the domestic is BBC world service and a local news that is mostly foreign office / governors news. I've found BBC world service news to actually be of a better quality than the real BBC for some reason. They tend to push a different agenda.

Edited by scoobos

It's not your views that I have a problem with, it's your continual factual inaccuracies.

You said that we declared war on IS and we haven't. That isn't a view, it's simply incorrect.

And I re-read your post in the other thread and there wasn't much to it and I once again addressed your false claim.

Everyone is free to have an opinion on goings on, just don't come on stating facts that are entirely wrong.

The clues in the name ewerk and again with the abuse. Dont throw stones in glass houses mr no war since ww2, heh. I'm still waiting for your political comeback which you "will reply fully to on my return". Liking the war with IS, Vietnam (usa), Indonesia, to a buzzphrase "war on drugs" is invalid, of course you can have wars without fighting a country, you fight ideologies within a country. North Vietnam was not a sovereign state for example, there's liberation wars too.

I find it grating how I can come on and give my views on any subject and you roll in with this "I am correct" attitude. But I don't have anything more comstructive to add really.

Fish, bit of a mix mate, we get the US channels if you get satellite but the domestic is BBC world service and a local news that is mostly foreign office / governors news. I've found BBC world service news to actually be of a better quality than the real BBC for some reason. They tend to push a different agenda.

America didn't declare war on Vietnam either. War is just a tag used. We have no troops on the ground against ISIS Ewerk is just pointing out your idea of charging people with treason would not work. Ffs we don't charge people who commit terrorist attacks against mainland Britain with treason.

We don't bomb anyone we are not at war with, that would be against international law and the UN would be all over us.

Oh really? NATO's been known to carry out bombings inside Pakistani territory, a prime ally on the 'war on terror', thats the official position anyway.

International law :lol: Do you follow the news at all? 'International law' has been blown to bits and then some over the last couple of decades. If you think the likes of the UN have any real say on the matter you're only lending credence to ewerk's opinion of you. They cant do shit, you dont bite the hand that feeds you.

Now the pakistani argument is a good one, and valid, but I do believe we take heed of international law and do try and look good for the UN , as no one wants another league of nations style collapse.

I'm stepping out now, but I still don't believe its factually inaccurate to say we are at war with IS, its in all the papers if you search for the parliamentary debate you will find it. I'm not sure how me giving my views is saying im 100 godlike on the subject, but look in the mirror with your own posts.'

But whatever, im out of this thread.

Now the pakistani argument is a good one, and valid, but I do believe we take heed of international law and do try and look good for the UN , as no one wants another league of nations style collapse.

I'm stepping out now, but I still don't believe its factually inaccurate to say we are at war with IS, its in all the papers if you search for the parliamentary debate you will find it. I'm not sure how me giving my views is saying im 100 godlike on the subject, but look in the mirror with your own posts.'

But whatever, im out of this thread.

We're at war with IS because the papers say so? :lol: And a debate on a declaration of war has taken place in the UK parliament?... I'd lay off the sensi for a bit if I were you mate....

• 1 month later...

20 people being held hostage in a cafe in the middle of Sydney as I speak, made to be pressed up on the shop windows in full display. ISIS flag also displayed in the window. Reports that the scum holding these people hostage is wearing explosives but not confirmed yet. Line in the sand drawn today in this country regardless of the outcome. Hopefully all walk out freely.

Not ISIS flag but Shahada flag, regardless they are made from the same shower of shit.

Have made no demands other than to speak to the PM on live radio. This is going to end very badly I'm afraid.