League Cup 2014/15

Anorthernsoul

Don't know if it was because of the shitty stream I watched it on but his ball for the winning goal and that one long range shot aside I didn't think Armstrong did much. And forgot Abeid was playing until well into the second half.

Aye, I didn't think Armstrong shone particularly, but even the national journalists were crowing about him.

I hope we play Cisse and Rivière together next and I would even start Obertan. Laid on some great chances and scares defenders when he's on his game.

Lovely to see us win a game like that for a change. Let's just hope City take the next round lightly and we cause an upset.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, I didn't think Armstrong shone particularly, but even the national journalists were crowing about him.

I hope we play Cisse and Rivière together next and I would even start Obertan. Laid on some great chances and scares defenders when he's on his game.

Lovely to see us win a game like that for a change. Let's just hope City take the next round lightly and we cause an upset.

I wouldn't start panicking and thinking about playing Obertan. Don't think he scares anyone but himself. But I would certainly prefer to see us have two wingers playing. Bored to death of the current trend of three cebtral midfielders and no real wingers in the game.

I wouldn't start panicking and thinking about playing Obertan. Don't think he scares anyone but himself. But I would certainly prefer to see us have two wingers playing. Bored to death of the current trend of three cebtral midfielders and no real wingers in the game.

Our strikers need quality chances and he created quite a few last night.

`Lovely to see us win a game like that for a change. Let's just hope City take the next round lightly and we cause an upset.`

doubt that happening, they played an almost full strength team last night. sorry to shatter yer dreams )

Manchester City
  • 13 Caballero
  • 03 Sagna
  • 11 Kolarov
  • 20 Mangala Booked
  • 26 Demichelis
  • 25 Fernandinho (Boyata - 70' )
  • 18 Lampard
  • 42 Y Touré (Pozo - 64' )
  • 07 Milner (Sinclair - 73' )
  • 15 Jesús Navas
  • 10 Dzeko
Substitutes
  • 01 Hart
  • 04 Kompany
  • 12 Sinclair
  • 22 Clichy
  • 38 Boyata
  • 75 Bytyqi
  • 78 Pozo

actually that might be citys second string!!

if anyone missed our goals, were on first.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04jmp8l/the-league-cup-show-20142015-24092014

Edited by TobamorisRevenge

When we play man city they're in the middle of a run in which they play CSKA Moscow twice, manu at home and west ham away....something may have to give....

You may have to give over man?

;)

Just see a replay of the pen, Janmaat won the ball

I've seen it a couple of times from the only two angles I've found; doesn't look like he gets the ball to me, which views have you seen?

`Lovely to see us win a game like that for a change. Let's just hope City take the next round lightly and we cause an upset.`

doubt that happening, they played an almost full strength team last night. sorry to shatter yer dreams )

Manchester City
  • 13 Caballero
  • 03 Sagna
  • 11 Kolarov
  • 20 Mangala Booked
  • 26 Demichelis
  • 25 Fernandinho (Boyata - 70' )
  • 18 Lampard
  • 42 Y Touré (Pozo - 64' )
  • 07 Milner (Sinclair - 73' )
  • 15 Jesús Navas
  • 10 Dzeko
Substitutes
  • 01 Hart
  • 04 Kompany
  • 12 Sinclair
  • 22 Clichy
  • 38 Boyata
  • 75 Bytyqi
  • 78 Pozo

actually that might be citys second string!!

if anyone missed our goals, were on first.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04jmp8l/the-league-cup-show-20142015-24092014

i would fancy their second string over ours anyway. even their youth team would start favourites against our lot.

It was a bloody awful game that we struggled to beat a mediocre team in extra time. At half time I was going to turn the match off but my curiosity got the better of me. Rivierie's goals were overdue I'm still not sure about him hopefully this will boost his confidence. I doubt that last night's team will progress against Man City so it'll suit Pardew & Ashley (the cups aren't a priority). Also the extra time last night has now given Pardew the perfect excuse against Stoke if we are beaten. An awful game by an awful team that has relegation written all over it fanks Alan & Mike.

Just watched the highlights from the League Cup match. Fuck our defence is shithouse. Why Pardew tries to sit on a lead every time we get one I have no idea. Can't defend a cross to save ourselves.

Out the league cup next round & early exit from the FA cup. Try and get a few points in the premiership climb the giddy heights to mid table. Then its kneeze ap mavver braan innit, fanks Al, fanks Mike, your pair of cants.

• 1 month later...