League Cup 2014/15

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vurnon Anita to start as a winger? Would like seeing what he can do as winger, he's got a bit pace, good vision, strong work rate, I think he is the perfect Pardew-winger like.

Fee Fi Fo Fum

I smell the craic

From a sad Mackem

He's almost got a point. Anita is a water-carrier which is apparently all Pardew looks for from his wingers (see Jonas and Gouffran post-Pardewing) so it wouldn't shock me if we saw him out wide at some point. This is the man who played our best central midfielder and the driving force of our team as a right winger for almost 2 seasons, after all.

Let's say we go ahead and beat Spurs tonight with a patched-up team, scrape through a semi-final against Sheffield United, and go on to win the whole cup. Does Pardew become a legend? Is Ashley's model validated?

The spiteful part of me wants to answer no to both questions. I don't think Pardew will ever be a Newcastle legend even if we do win silverware during his tenure. He's just too unlikable and too contemptuous of us and the North East, and I feel that any success we may end up having in this competition will be slightly overshadowed by the fact that Pardew blatantly sent us out to lose against City. The same goes for Ashley. We've heard from the horse's mouth that winning this cup was never a priority and if we do somehow pull it off, it wasn't part of his business model or whatever the fuck we call his plans for the club these days. I wouldn't credit either of them, I don't think.

Let's say we go ahead and beat Spurs tonight with a patched-up team, scrape through a semi-final against Sheffield United, and go on to win the whole cup. Does Pardew become a legend? Is Ashley's model validated?

The spiteful part of me wants to answer no to both questions. I don't think Pardew will ever be a Newcastle legend even if we do win silverware during his tenure. He's just too unlikable and too contemptuous of us and the North East, and I feel that any success we may end up having in this competition will be slightly overshadowed by the fact that Pardew blatantly sent us out to lose against City. The same goes for Ashley. We've heard from the horse's mouth that winning this cup was never a priority and if we do somehow pull it off, it wasn't part of his business model or whatever the fuck we call his plans for the club these days. I wouldn't credit either of them, I don't think.

It's all going to depend on which Spurs side turns up...The lacksadasical, nervous one or the gung-ho attacking one.

Aye I'd agree with that. The key point is that he sent a side out against City that he probably assumed would lose, fortunately for us fans Abeid, Aarons and co turned out to play better than the starters. Ashley will get no credit imo, the bloke is a total fucking cunt and he has no intention of winning a cup, if the club is wiping it's own nose and wins a cup then he gets no credit. I'd give Pardew credit if he give it a go from here on in, even though I agree he picked a side to lose against City and he is also a monumental cunt. We're in a strong enough position in the league to achieve that magical 10th spot so there is no reason we should play a weak side tonight, they should be going full tilt tonight and Sunday, then we could maybe think about resting players after that but these next two games are crucial for the fans and should be for the team too.

Of course if he hoys another weakened side out today and we win again then Pardew can fuck off. Either way though I'd never see Pardew as a club legend, he's too much of a prick and he looks down on the fans of the club imo.

And I don't care who the manager/owner is, if we actually won the thing (which at this point is still extremely unlikely) it wouldn't spoil it one iota. Wouldn't mean I'd suddenly stop hating Ashley, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't really give two shits if we had Bobby Mugabe in charge when the final whistle blows.

And I don't care who the manager/owner is, if we actually won the thing (which at this point is still extremely unlikely) it wouldn't spoil it one iota. Wouldn't mean I'd suddenly stop hating Ashley, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't really give two shits if we had Bobby Mugabe in charge when the final whistle blows.

Totally agree I don't think Ashley will ever have his name sung, but the holistic devastation to my internal organs might have me forgetting he owns us for a good 36hrs.

I can't believe even Pardew would be stupid enough to send out a weakened team for this tie. Chucking a cup quarter-final will prove beyond any doubt whatsoever that he and Ashley have no ambition for this club and any credibility gained over the last few weeks would disappear instantly. Sadly I can completely see him "resting players for the derby" and then us getting stuffed in that match as well.

I'd rather win this game than beat the mackems on Sunday, I think. This is our best chance to win anything in years. We've already beaten Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea this season and there's no reason we can't do it again.

I can't believe even Pardew would be stupid enough to send out a weakened team for this tie. Chucking a cup quarter-final will prove beyond any doubt whatsoever that he and Ashley have no ambition for this club and any credibility gained over the last few weeks would disappear instantly. Sadly I can completely see him "resting players for the derby" and then us getting stuffed in that match as well.

I'd rather win this game than beat the mackems on Sunday, I think. This is our best chance to win anything in years. We've already beaten Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea this season and there's no reason we can't do it again.

I fully agree with all of that.

Nothing massively wrong with that starting 11 tbh.

Aye, I'd rather Cisse in for Riviere and Sammy for Gouffran but we know that Pardew loves Gouffran so it seems he's going for it. Shame Janmaat isn't there too mind.