League Cup 2014/15

Anorthernsoul

Might not be popular, but I see the F.A as right here. We have 4 keepers, it's the clubs responsibility to maintain 3 decent keepers. We've had 1 decent keeper since harper went, and he's been in the shop window anyway (krul). Ashley really does know fuck all about a football squad.

take any clubs first two/three keepers out of the equation

Who has a good one left?

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

take any clubs first two/three keepers out of the equation

Who has a good one left?

Our error seems to be registering Alnwick, Darlow & Woodman for the Premier League when they're not ready/available.

Yeah good point well made on the other clubs with 3 quality, but most have four and at least the backup is a contender for the shirt. What Fish said really. I reckon we have Krul and no one else is premiership standard , yet we have 3 sub championship ones. I really dont rate anyone but Krul, and he seems to be losing form.

Edited by scoobos

I dislike the ownership and management of the club but I can't blame them. I don't think Alnwick and Woodman are registered I assume they're eligible due to their age at registration, there's no way we have 5 goalkeepers registered for a squad of 25. The mistake is registering Darlow which we can point to but this is a really rare occurrence and it wouldn't have raised any red flags among fans before the season, the fact the FA is preventing us from getting a loan in because of this mistake is ridiculous and they've let clubs get off with lesser 'punishment' for worse administrative errors (such as Ki playing games unregistered for the mackems only resulting in a small fine). Seems odd we were even allowed to register a player that we can't recall anyway.

I just think it's harsh blaming this on the club tbh, even when we had Given and Harper we didn't have much besides youth players backing them up because having two keepers out on longish term injuries rarely happens. Just the FA being lazy tbh, rather than try and take some action on a slightly gray issue they've stuck to the letter of the law and since he was registered he counts.

Yeah good point well made on the other clubs with 3 quality, but most have four and at least the backup is a contender for the shirt. What Fish said really. I reckon we have Krul and no one else is premiership standard , yet we have 3 sub championship ones. I really dont rate anyone but Krul, and he seems to be losing form.

Name me a PL club with four decent keepers.

Name me a PL club with four decent keepers.

There's barely any with three tbh. Just had a quick look at Hull, Sunderland and Everton there Hull have McGregor, Harper and some 30 year old who's out on loan at Leyton Orient, Sunderland have Mannone, Pantmillion then youth keepers, Everton have Robles, Howard and youth keepers.

I'd question why we had registered the 'keepers though. It's not normally a position that requires more than 3 (at most) named players, and if we'd not registered all of them, we'd have been permitted to get an emergency loan 'keeper in.

I'm not sure if you must name 3 'keepers in your squad of 25, if not I'd probably only name 2 and use the other squad place for another outfield player?

Alnwick wasn't in our 25 man squad, he was included in the U-21 list.

Then why do the emergency loan rules even exist? Surely every club has U21 'keepers that could take the place of injured senior players?

I'd question why we had registered the 'keepers though. It's not normally a position that requires more than 3 (at most) named players, and if we'd not registered all of them, we'd have been permitted to get an emergency loan 'keeper in.

I'm not sure if you must name 3 'keepers in your squad of 25, if not I'd probably only name 2 and use the other squad place for another outfield player?

As said, we probably didn't actually register some of them due to not needing to (I think under 21s dont need to be registered) but they'll still be eligible to play.

So we probably registered 3 keepers as per the standard (for international comps anyway) Krul, Elliot and Darlow (24) to fill the requirement and then Alnwick and Woodman are allowed to play as well so the FA say we have enough keepers to play with 2/3 out.

or some nonsensical bollocks like that anyway

Then why do the emergency loan rules even exist? Surely every club has U21 'keepers that could take the place of injured senior players?

Just in case one of the media darlings run into an issue? I honestly don't know but I'm almost certain Alnwick isn't registered, having 4 keepers registered makes fuck all sense and we wouldn't have needed to register him. That's why I find the whole situation ridiculous, Darlow is registered so he counts and since we have Alnwick we have more than one keeper? seems totally fucking harsh.

I thought we might have registered Darlow due to a lack of "homegrown" players in the squad, is this still a thing? Anyway I checked and it seems we already had enough.

Jack Colback's middle name is Raymond, apparently.

I thought we might have registered Darlow due to a lack of "homegrown" players in the squad, is this still a thing? Anyway I checked and it seems we already had enough.

Jack Colback's middle name is Raymond, apparently.

There surely isn't a lack of homegrown players in our squad, we've got more than 10 and the minimum is 8. If you lack homegrown you just leave the space open anyway.

To be fair, whoever registers the players probably only gets the chance to do it when the club shop is quiet.

If Kinnear was still around as director of football he would have handled this and we'd have been able to call on Tom Krul, a promising up and coming Dutch keeper whom he personally signed for a tenner.