League Cup 2014/15

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished work tonight, went to pick up the kids from Granny Fist's, to be asked if they could sleep over.

RESULT!

Picked up Mrs. Fist, told her the crack, she says, let's go to the pub and then go for a meal.

RESULT!

Just seen this result, and I'm off to bed soon.

I am definitely getting arse tonight :lol:

They said there'd be some groans from Liverpool fans. Fuck right off you sycophantic cunts.

Pardew was nowhere near as excited as he would have been had we beat them in the league btw. Even he knew he couldn't try to claim tactical genius in winning that game. He didn't put out a team to win or even avoid defeat. He put one out to avoid injuring players ahead of the wall pushers game. The players deserve all the credit fit the result. We defended fantastically and took advantage of their slack moments. Each one of them fully deserved their win bonus tonight.

I finished work tonight, went to pick up the kids from Granny Fist's, to be asked if they could sleep over.

RESULT!

Picked up Mrs. Fist, told her the crack, she says, let's go to the pub and then go for a meal.

RESULT!

Geet up there fisty.

RESULT!

RESULT!

You deserve it mate.

Would have been nice to get Bournemouth or whatever but given our form against lower league opposition in cups over the last few years it might actually be better that we have been drawn against another PL side. The youngsters like Aarons, Armstrong and co. will be up for it no doubt. Would have preferred a home tie obviously but hotspuds away are beatable.

We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves though like Mr. Fist is doing.

Edited by toonotl

RESULT!

RESULT!

Monkey business? :D

Frankly, when I saw the starting line-up I thought we were in for a hammering as City were at strength.

Couldn't figure out why he started 2 left backs, Abeid, Armstrong, and Obertan but it worked for some reason. It was like watching old Newcastle full of fight and not taking prisoners.

:lol: Fucking hell. Was at work so just saw the result, hope I can find a dodgy copy somewhere so I can watch. That Aarons is some talent, Ashley will be tugging himself at the thought of his future fee.

Glad to see the youngsters making a claim for the first team, good on them.

I missed it :/ ffs, but cheers for the goal links. Really pleased to see Sissoko doing well, he can be a rock for us if he stays beyond the Ashley regime,he'll be brilliant in a attacking team.

Saw somewhere that the only teams to beat Man City 0-2 at the Etihad the last few years have been Barcelona, Bayern and now us :lol: (very restricted record I know but we haven't had much to cheer recently)

Delighted with the result and most of the performances, although it is typical that a creditable away victory at Palace was rewarded with a trip to the Champions and an incredible away victory against them is rewarded with another away trip to Spurs.

I was worried about Taylor and Abeid early doors, as they seemed really rusty. As the game continued they seemed to grow in sharpness and influence. Aarons was a pest in the first 45, was he taken off because of a twinge, a tactical reshuffle or simply tiredness?

I thought Haidara was decent, but gave the ball away quite cheaply. Janmaat was a beast, really looked quality going forward and was strong in the tackle. Armstrong didn't have much to do for a lot of the game, but was oh so close to scoring but for a cracking block by Demechelis (I think).

Mad to think that but for a bit of bad refereeing and a bit of bad luck our young reserves could have scored 4 or five past the reigning champions. Aarons, Armstrong just before 1/2 time, the penalty-that-wasn't, Sissoko's and Sammy almost wriggling it through for Riviere towards the end.

Blimey :lol:

Janmaat impressed me last night, one point thundering into a tackle then bursting on to put a good cross in for Armstrong.

Aarons went off as hes only just recovered from an injury and isn't 100% fit I think. Hopefully he'll feature more in the league now as he's looked a danger every time I've seen him, lovely finish for his goal.

Sissoko has been a revelation the last couple of games, using his physical presence properly through the middle he can be so much more than he is out wide.

Was at graft so could only see the highlights last night but it looked like we deserved it. Away ties in this competition aren't always such a bad thing but when you get to the quarters you want to be at home. Fucking stinks we've got the only all premier League tie and away yet again. Sissoko's goal was a peach and Aarons looks bright as button. Great result.