League Cup 2014/15

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see a couple of the fringe players (Aarons, Perez, Chucky) getting a game alongside a fair portion of the senior players. We don't want too many broght in together so they don't get a proper chance.

I would assume Colo and Taylor are going to have to start as we don't have any other options in the centre of defence and for me it would make sense to stick with Janmaat, Cabella and SDJ to give them more team experience.

But knowing Pardew as we do I expect all of the players who didn't start Saturday will start tonight.

Following all the complaints that the new players need to gel before we'll see the best from the team, I'd take this as an opportunity to go full strength and get them on the same wavelength ahead of the 'important' league games to come.

I'd like to see De Jong, Cabella, Ferreyra, Riviere and Perez all play (though not start for obvious reasons)

it might be a little unbalanced but its a league one team, we shouldn't need a great deal of protection for the defence from midfield and its in attack where we've added a lot of players that need game time to get to know each other.