The bars of Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

I used to go when I was at Financial Training learning to be an accountant. It was like the Bullingdon Club with calculators.

We used to make the longer trip round to Pacific for lunch when I was there. Don't think I would have ever risked eating in Peppers.

It used to be our pre & post match drinks place though, but like Alex I've never understood why. I couldn't really recommend it to anyone but it's usually worth a laugh. Someone from out of the area actually asked me if there was anywhere else like it nearby and the only place I could think of was Cosy Joes. I suppose Lennons back in the day too. That was another bar very inapropriately named given it's lack of Beatles music.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any recommendations for any town centre places where you'd be able to sit, have a drink and a chat on a normally hectic Saturday night?

You'd be better off in Ouseburn.

Does anyone have any recommendations for any town centre places where you'd be able to sit, have a drink and a chat on a normally hectic Saturday night?

Depends what time, but the Forth is good for that v

• 1 month later...

I'm keen to try it, but naturally when it opens I'll be in Germany anyway. B)

They've got one in York but despite knowing loads of people who love York and love German beer I'm yet to find anyone who has been. Anyone on here?

Hooters :lol: We've already got Shark Bar. I think Newcastle is now basically 90% bars. That's almost 100% bars

I reckon someone should start putting some decent bars inside some of the shit ones. There's a market to be cornered there.

• 5 years later...