Other Games 14/15 - Football fans feel the same about stuff, except stuff like Western Sydney Wanderers, because no one gives a shit about them.

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the usual performance when there isn't that much pressure. If they REALLY needed to win this game it would have been a fuck up.

I thought England played well and deserved the win. I was pleased for Welbeck too, as I like his attitude. I think the pundits on ITV (haven't seen / read any other press) went way OTT about the 2nd half performance though. At 1-0 there was a 10 - 15 minute period where the Swiss had loads of possession and we were just sitting and soaking it up. Then, when we got the ball, every single move was a three or four pass counter-attack, which kept giving the ball back to the opposition and inviting more pressure. I appreciate we were set-up to hit them on the break (and it worked) but I think that a top side in that position would have retained possession a lot better and had their opponents chasing shadows. We just aren't capable of doing that and I think that will often be the downfall when the other side has some genuine quality. Great result away from home against a good team though, obviously.