Other Games 14/15 - Football fans feel the same about stuff, except stuff like Western Sydney Wanderers, because no one gives a shit about them.

Ayatollah Hermione

It's obviously quiet and people have nowt better to argue about. :lol:

In those days, we never beat Man U and playing them at home was a massive event. Nobody expected to win that game, never mind knocking 5 past them. When we did it WAS a massive result and was very special.

Today Leicester did not expect to win or knock 5 past them. They will consider this a massive result and celebrate accordingly.

Fannys!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to re-cap, CT says we hadn't beat Man U for a decade when we beat them 5-0, although in reality we'd beaten them three times in that period despite being in a different division for four of those years.

1986-87, won 2-1.

1987-88, won 1-0.

1994-95, won 2-0.

Apart from that and also saying everyone expected a defeat, he's spot on. :whistling:

(I managed to trudge along to all of those games and ended up in the RVI after the 2-1 win where Goddard got the winner as I knacked my leg when I got home, I was young and naive and said to my Dad that some Man U fans must have had an accident too as there was a few battered and bloodied Mancs in the accident and emergency dept the same time as us). :lol:

(I managed to trudge along to all of those games and ended up in the RVI after the 2-1 win where Goddard got the winner as I knacked my leg when I got home, I was young and naive and said to my Dad that some Man U fans must have had an accident too as there was a few battered and bloodied Mancs in the accident and emergency dept the same time as us). :lol:

Whereas in fact they'd taken a beating much like Everton have at the hands of Crystal Palace today. The parallels are uncanny.

Oo, we posted the same thing 30 seconds apart. I feel just like the Leicester fans must have done when Ulloa scored straight after Di Maria today.

alvin_stardust.jpg

"Now I know what Paul Simon meant by the words he found,
I wish I was Homeward Bound.
Well
I feel like Buddy Holly 'cause it's Raining In My Heart.
And I feel like, all the Geordies did, when Albert chipped in the fifth.
Now I know how Paul McCartney felt when he got up to say:...
I wish it was Yesterday."