Other Games 14/15 - Football fans feel the same about stuff, except stuff like Western Sydney Wanderers, because no one gives a shit about them.

Ayatollah Hermione

Anybody else watching the Villa-Southampton game? I'm not sure why I am. Villa are regularly the most boring team in the Premier League and Southampton will run out of steam at some point. Hard to get motivated for a Monday night game in Birmingham.

Still, it means I'm not forced to watch Made in Chelsea doesn't it?

God bless Sky Go on the iPad.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa are like a cold you can't quite shake off. Boring, shite club, Stadium has the atmosphere of a shopping centre. Such a nothing club, wish they would hurry up and get relegated.

Edited by ADP

There has been for the past 4 years, though one year they will push their luck a bit too far and go down I reckon. Hopefully when Agmonglahor is still there, the dopey meff.

Edited by ADP

2 more goals for Callum Roberts for the u21s tonight. This this kid should be on the bench at least. He'd be a better option to bring on than Gouffran

He was involved in the 1st team squad against QPR, but didn't make the sheet. I don't expect to see him get on the bench because some of the big players are returning. Tiote is in contention for the West Ham game, for example.

He was involved in the 1st team squad against QPR, but didn't make the sheet. I don't expect to see him get on the bench because some of the big players are returning. Tiote is in contention for the West Ham game, for example.

We've seen the likes of Armstrong and Campbell make cameo appearances without it doing much good for team or player. Other than the confidfence boost for the kid of course. I'd rather they go out on loan to a Championship club and play proper competitive football.

We've seen the likes of Armstrong and Campbell make cameo appearances without it doing much good for team or player. Other than the confidfence boost for the kid of course. I'd rather they go out on loan to a Championship club and play proper competitive football.

Agree with that, with regards to Campbell, but Armstrong is a fairly regular substitute and while farming someone like Abeid out on loan works, I'm not sure what factors need to be perfect for someone like Cal Roberts or Aarons to get the right kind of game time.

By that I mean, they need to be playing consistently, in a decent footballing side, who aren't under threat at the bottom of their league.

• Fleeting sub appearances in the Championship are no better than even more fleeting sub appearances in the Prem. At least if they remain at the club, they can train with the 1st team?
  • Roberts wouldn't get much joy playing for Birmingham or Millwall. They're not playing the right kind of football and while a player in Andy Carroll's mould would benefit from the physical side of their game, Cal Roberts wouldn't.
  • Similarly, if he went to Rotherham, they're so desperate for points, if he doesn't produce for a couple of games, they'll drop him. They can't afford a passenger, and will most likely be chasing a game or shutting one down, so sub appearances will be rare too.

Abeid, Bigi, Vuckic, Streete etc. can be farmed out happily. They're big lads who are several steps down the road to starting games (wherever that may be). That's why I think keeping the more creative, flair players and getting them on as subs is a better bet than loaning them to Oldham (or whomever)

Yeah, fair points. I was assuming that we'd only loan to a suitable club, or that whoever came in for them would have done their homework. No one planning on playing hoof ball would be much interested in a slight 17 year old. In Roberts' case, if he's as good as is being touted, someone might be willing to take a punt on him, on the off chance he's able to play a Zaha type role for them. I understand that thats more likely to happen a year or two down the line though.