Other Games 14/15 - Football fans feel the same about stuff, except stuff like Western Sydney Wanderers, because no one gives a shit about them.

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was comparing the lower reaches. Also, the caveat you mentioned before is valid. Europa league success isn't better than remaining in the Premier League for English clubs.

How often do the English clubs take it seriously?

End of the day I'm not saying the Premier League is the best, just that people stating its poor compared to the others are just saying that because they don't watch the other leagues as much.

Familiarity breeding contempt and all that.

You can equally make the argument they aren't able to field strong sides because they lack strength in depth though. Either way it's subjective, unlike the actual results.

But the results are subjective. If one side isn't treating the competition as a priority of course the result is subjective.

But the results are subjective. If one side isn't treating the competition as a priority of course the result is subjective.

Only if you change the meaning of the word.

You're using success in a competition that one side isn't taking seriously as evidence that the other side is better.

So every fortnight, I play tennis against Andy Murray, he's not arsed & spends the match texting pictures of blue waffles to his LADZ, so I win. By your rationale, I'm consistently proving that I'm better than him.

You're using success in a competition that one side isn't taking seriously as evidence that the other side is better.

So every fortnight, I play tennis against Andy Murray, he's not arsed & spends the match texting pictures of blue waffles to his LADZ, so I win. By your rationale, I'm consistently proving that I'm better than him.

No.

I don't think a cup competition is a great way of comparing leagues.

Isn't that exactly how they are measured though?

The co-efficient values are calculated on performance in the CL and EL.

Isn't that exactly how they are measured though?

The co-efficient values are calculated on performance in the CL and EL.

That's how coefficients are calculated, but we all know coefficients are horse shit

That's how coefficients are calculated, but we all know coefficients are horse shit

No English side in the last 8 for the second time in 3 years....our top sides are falling behind compared with the elite from other countries despite being richer than god...

Edited by PaddockLad

No English side in the last 8 for the second time in 3 years....our top sides are falling behind compared with the elite from other countries despite being richer than god...

I agree that the European elite are better than the English elite. But they're not indicative of their leagues in general.

Premier League is overated, take out the top 5 or 6 and the rest are just happy to be in it.

Ditto La Liga, Ligue Un, Bundesliga, Eredivisie.

Guarantee if everyone watched La Liga for a few seasons they'd be bored of every game involving teams outside the top 3 or 4.

Aye, but you know these days I prefer watching a game involving lower spanish/german division teams to say something involving the likes of Villa/West Brom or other teams from the premier league. Usually more skill on display even if the atmosphere isnt as good.