Other Games 14/15 - Football fans feel the same about stuff, except stuff like Western Sydney Wanderers, because no one gives a shit about them.

Ayatollah Hermione

Why does Keown deliver his punditry as if it was lines in a play?

He's another one who has read 3 books since retiring and suddenly thinks he's a genius. In reality, he looks like the bloke who sits at the bar all night who you desperately try to avoid when getting a pint because he'll start talking complete shite about Newcastle or, if you're lucky, will just be a gigantic racist. In the way that people who say "I'm not racist but" are deeply, deeply racist.

He's a right minge.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see Sherwood taking no reponsibility for Villa getting their arses handed to them by Arsenal. Apparently it's the players fault for having a "losing mentality". Although he wasn't making excuses, oh dear me no.

Pele never had longevity when it mattered and that was in the bedroom. I bet Messi is a tantric sex sensei and his partners have multiple orgasms.

:lol: iirc Pele used to front a campaign for impotence or something similar

Nope

pele_1671927c.jpg515222_full-lnd.jpg

it'll be a never settled argument anyway, my da would rate Best above both Pele and Maradona.

Can argue about Pele not playing in europe, Messi getting more protection but having brilliant stats, Maradona winning trophies with lesser players/teams etc.

Same with Cristiano Ronaldo, i still think he's better than Messi.

For me it's Maradona.... and you can't forget

10-Ronaldo-600x528.jpg

Still don't know how anyone can peddle Cristiano being better than Messi like. No way he could have scored that goal last night.

Nope

pele_1671927c.jpg515222_full-lnd.jpg

it'll be a never settled argument anyway, my da would rate Best above both Pele and Maradona.

Can argue about Pele not playing in europe, Messi getting more protection but having brilliant stats, Maradona winning trophies with lesser players/teams etc.

Same with Cristiano Ronaldo, i still think he's better than Messi.

For me it's Maradona.... and you can't forget

10-Ronaldo-600x528.jpg

m8qr2.jpg

Still don't know how anyone can peddle Cristiano being better than Messi like. No way he could have scored that goal last night.

Based on the last few years I'd put Cristiano alongside the likes of Muller rather than Pele or Maradona like Messi.

Ridiculously good goal scorer, not really that great to watch over 90 minutes.

Yes because Pele didn't have longevity at the height of the game. [emoji38]

His first ten seasons he did, his scoring rate dropped right off after that.

And the World Cup argument is moot. Guivarch won a World Cup.

As for single handedly winning trophies, the season Messi scored 73 goals Barcas next top scorer had 15. Take him out of that team and they win nothing

You can't have a discussion about best players without Zidane's name being mentioned. You just can't.

My favourite player. The scientist forever.

There's something about Frenchies with North African descent that really Moroccans my Nubia. If you know what I mean? Yeah ya do.

Guivarch winning a World Cup isn't relevant at all like [emoji38]

It is when people say you can't be the worlds best player without winning a World Cup. That's a load of shit, Geroge Best was never gona have a sniff at a World Cup playing for NI, doesn't detract from his individual ability though.

Haters gona hate!

Like Ant's dad, I rate George Best above Pele and Maradona.

Pele and Maradona had great attacking and goal scoring qualities and so had Best, but Best had great defensive qualities too which can't be said of the other two.

I think Bobby Charlton has always been underrated in the table of best players. In the days of 5 in the forward line Bobby played in all but the outside-right position. On top of that he was real quality in a mid-field position.

Like Ant's dad, I rate George Best above Pele and Maradona.

Pele and Maradona had great attacking and goal scoring qualities and so had Best, but Best had great defensive qualities too which can't be said of the other two.

I think Bobby Charlton has always been underrated in the table of best players. In the days of 5 in the forward line Bobby played in all but the outside-right position. On top of that he was real quality in a mid-field position.

What was charlton actually like as a player? Games changed a lot but are there any players about at the moment who have a similar style?

He was a great player.

106 games and 49 goals for England.

606 games and 199 goals for Man.Utd.

World Cup winner 1966.

Ballon d'Or winner.

Probably one of the World's best attacking mid-fielders in his day.

Maradona scored 5 goals, his partner Valdano scored 4. He didn't single handedly win the World Cup, unless you're talking about the hand he punched a goal in with.

Pele was benched for half of the 1954 WC and played in one of the greatest teams of all time in 1970.

Not denying that they were awesome players, just challenging some of the usual shit that gets trotted out about the pair of them. Messi was an extra time away from winning a World Cup and has won more ballon dors and cups that nearly any player in history

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

That Gemmill goal is class.

Messi is the best footballer I've ever seen personally. Used to love watching Ronaldo but since he has moved more central into a goal scorer I guess I sort of admire his stats rather than enjoy watching him play. Phenomenal player though and definitely up there with the best.

But Messi is the best. Pretty much every game he plays there will be a moment where I don't understand how he has manoeuvred his body and the ball in a particular way. He is a freak. If he doesn't win a world cup, it won't change anything. There is no one quite like him. Maradona is the only player you can name in the same sentence, and that's after Messi.