Ayatollah Hermione

Other Games 14/15 - Football fans feel the same about stuff, except stuff like Western Sydney Wanderers, because no one gives a shit about them.

I wonder why the English clubs are struggling so badly in the Champions League? Neither Chelsea nor Man City can be blame their squads not being deep enough to cope with the additional fixtures. Neither of them have inexperienced coaches or players.

Man City struggle for the same reason that Juventus do - domestically they both have the refs In their pocket - in the European cup they don't.

Chelsea are still top of their group so haven't had a bad campaign overall. City for some reason have been shite for years in the CL. I think it's naive to claim that it's anything to do with referees though.

Man City struggle for the same reason that Juventus do - domestically they both have the refs In their pocket - in the European cup they don't.

:nono:

Chelsea are still top of their group so haven't had a bad campaign overall. City for some reason have been shite for years in the CL. I think it's naive to claim that it's anything to do with referees though.

Were we the last English side to overachieve in the Champions League?

Watching Everton Lille - when did Steven Naismith turn into quite a canny footballer? Seen him play a bit this year and have been impressed, scored a cracker tonight as well.

Have a look at Liverpool's winning side from 2005 ewerk ;)

Edit: sorry, that was for Fish, easy to get them mixed up iyam :)

Fair point. :lol:

Most of Man City's team don't give a fuck. Yaya Toure seems like he can't be arsed. How much time did he want on the ball at the end? Was completely killing their attacks dead and there was only a minute or two left. Good performance by QPR but you get the sense that Man City need to reinvest in their team to give them something different.

Aguero is absolutely immense.

Toure is past his best. Still an awesome player, but just doesn't give a shit anymore. It's almost as if city's players are all mercenaries who don't care that much about repeating success and creating a legacy for the club...

It feel so wrong saying this about Man City but as AH said, they need to spend more to go further in Europe. Aguero is carrying that team like Sanchez is arsenal atm.

I'd cash in on toure now tbh, fantastic player but could replace him no bother for what he'd bring in fee/wage saving wise

He was incredible last year, just doesnt seem up for it anymore for whatever reason. You'd think they'd be gunning for the Champions League at least.

Agreed, clearly doesn't want to be there. Who can blame him after the shambles of a birthday he had to endure.

:lol: That Mangala may well turn into a good centre half as well but he's certainly not there yet. I know there's a dearth of top class centre halves but I'm sure they could find someone solid, experienced and dependable with their money. And not Demichellis either.

Rodgers was booed as gamble of fielding a weakened team in Madrid doesn't pay off. We can go above them if we beat West Brom. Loving Liverpool's struggles, couldn't happen to a nicer manager or team.

:lol: That Mangala may well turn into a good centre half as well but he's certainly not there yet. I know there's a dearth of top class centre halves but I'm sure they could find someone solid, experienced and dependable with their money. And not Demichellis either.

Hummels

for the money they spent on mangala surely they could've got him.