Other Games 14/15 - Football fans feel the same about stuff, except stuff like Western Sydney Wanderers, because no one gives a shit about them.

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ITV were pathetic last night, "Its far from a one sided game" was uttered just before half time at which point Real Madrid had had 12 shots and liverpool 0.

RM never got out of second gear last night and still never looked like losing.

Yeah, it was weird. I thought they were well stuffed and lucky to keep it to 1-0. This was accentuated by the fact that they played so deep and compact. Inevitably Madrid were a little bit twitchy with only the 1-0 lead but they never really had to step up their game either. ITV made out like it was a huge moral victory. The performance was only 'decent' in the context of the opposition and how poor Liverpool have been of late.

At least Dixon tried to bring them back to reality by pointing out that they actually lost the game after the bullshit from the others.

And why the hell was Paul Scholes chosen a pundit? Being dull and incredibly ginger should preclude him from from ever appearing on TV but to feature on a Liverpool game seemed strange. I suppose after years of ex-Liverpool players on every football broadcast going it slightly redresses the balance.

But the highlight of ITV's coverage had to be the noise of the Liverpool fans telling Adrian Chiles what they thought of him.

https://vine.co/v/OeBIVtvJ9wK

Massive gamble. If they get humped by Chelsea he'll come under some serious pressure.

I really don't like Rodgers. His brown nosing nature, every interview he does he is referring to 'the Liverpool way' or the 'Liverpool' identity. He's a right bell end who I'm certain has something dark that he is hiding, however, its not like he nearly won them the league last season or owt.

Edited by ADP

He's over rated imo. Was surprised when city went in for him. He's inconsistent as anything. There were surely better left backs out there?

26 year old Doumbia could easily pass for 45 also.

Edited by ADP

Fernandinho sent off for city, Kompany crocked after 3 subs as well :lol:

CSKA playing really well. Defence been really composed, working as a unit.

Edited by ADP

I heard a stat at the weekend about him never missing a penalty for Chelsea aswell.

Really? That's mad. Always thought he's let pressure get to him a bit in a 1 on 1/penalty. never thought his pens were that incredible tbh.

I wonder why the English clubs are struggling so badly in the Champions League? Neither Chelsea nor Man City can be blame their squads not being deep enough to cope with the additional fixtures. Neither of them have inexperienced coaches or players.

Chelsea are still top of their group so haven't had a bad campaign overall. City for some reason have been shite for years in the CL. I think it's naive to claim that it's anything to do with referees though.

Man City struggle for the same reason that Juventus do - domestically they both have the refs In their pocket - in the European cup they don't.

:nono:

Chelsea are still top of their group so haven't had a bad campaign overall. City for some reason have been shite for years in the CL. I think it's naive to claim that it's anything to do with referees though.

Were we the last English side to overachieve in the Champions League?