Other Games 14/15 - Football fans feel the same about stuff, except stuff like Western Sydney Wanderers, because no one gives a shit about them.

Ayatollah Hermione

Aye. We're gone, I reckon. There's been a sinking feeling around the club and our performances for a while now. It'll be hard to argue we won't deserve to go down. The owner gave up a while back. The players gave up after the January window.

At least the manager is still trying his best.

You've changed your tune.

;)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Every cloud and all that.

To be honest I don't know what's changed, but this morning I've a sense of impending doom. Maybe it was seeing sunderland actually function as a football team?

Hopefully, if we do go down this will drastically change Ashley's approach.

The thing that makes me accept it was watching the last half an hour of the game last night, how desperate (in the good sense) the mackems were in their defending - can you imagine our players throwing their bodies in front of the ball like they did?

We will NOT be relegated.

See, this is what happens when you make bold, confident predictions

I do maintain that the predictions of doom were more an outburst of concern and worry, rather than an objective consideration, but they may well turn out to be right.

No neutral was predicting our relegation and we may still survive. I don't think we'll win, but I can't see Hull winning. That said, I couldn't see the mackems winning at Everton or staying resolute last night, I couldn't see Leicester winning 6 of the last 8.

This end of the season has very much been contrary what was likely.

If you care to look back you'll find that I've been (very quietly) optimistic for the past couple of weeks.

I know. I'm telling you you're a fuck because I've been loudly optimistic and been on the receiving end of a shit-tonne of abuse.

I do maintain that the predictions of doom were more an outburst of concern and worry, rather than an objective consideration, but they may well turn out to be right.

No neutral was predicting our relegation and we may still survive. I don't think we'll win, but I can't see Hull winning. That said, I couldn't see the mackems winning at Everton or staying resolute last night, I couldn't see Leicester winning 6 of the last 8.

it was objective - it started looking a very real possibility to me about 4-6 week ago, based on the way the team was playing - the lack of quality in the squad and the total incompetence of the man ashley decided to appoint as manager. that combined with our total number of points still being way short of the magic 40 mark meant you didn't need to be a rocket scientist to work out we were in trouble.

the bookies took a while to notice because they don't follow the performances, or lack of them in our case, as much as supporters.

it was objective - it started looking a very real possibility to me about 4-6 week ago, based on the way the team was playing - the lack of quality in the squad and the total incompetence of the man ashley decided to appoint as manager. that combined with our total number of points still being way short of the magic 40 mark meant you didn't need to be a rocket scientist to work out we were in trouble.

the bookies took a while to notice because they don't follow the performances, or lack of them in our case, as much as supporters.

You predicted we'd lose all these games? Why didn't you bet? You'd have made an absolute fortune!

You predicted we'd lose all these games? Why didn't you bet? You'd have made an absolute fortune!

a mate of mine did. i wasn't the only one that saw it coming - he could cash out on £180 now but is looking at over a grand off a £5 stake if we go down, which will cushion the blow a bit. i wish i'd got involved too!

I don't gamble but could see this on the cards as soon as Carver took over. If Pardew was our best coach logically that meant all the others had to be total dogshit. There were too many games to go when they gave him the job. If the club is fined every time we invade the pitch we should do it every week.

I don't go to the matches any more and I think anyone who does is a cunt but I would like them to risk prosecution and a lifetime ban by invading the pitch ;)

Which is why I'm livid with myself I didn't lay a few quid on us when the odds were so long.

Remember I was predicting the worst well before it became popular. ;)

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Heaton and Vardy :spit:

I'm all for players at smaller clubs getting some recognition but how are either of them international quality?

Townsend hasn't done much for Spurs as of late either. That Mason is pretty average too.

Edited by Monroe Transfer