Other Games 14/15 - Football fans feel the same about stuff, except stuff like Western Sydney Wanderers, because no one gives a shit about them.

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I heard of it was when they put a caption up last night during the CL Final. England are such a non-event these days. I remember the excitement of staying up to watch highlights on Sportsnight when I was a kid. I might watch this today though.

The CL final is all well and good, but if you want to see the beautiful game played to the highest standard, you take the best players from England and Ireland and pit them against one another.

This is breathtaking.

Serious question here. If you accept that there is an upwards quality gap between England and Barcelona, if you flipped that gap and pointed it downwards (so who are England that much better than), what division do you think you're looking at? League 1 maybe? In other words, a Championship team is closer to England than England are to Barcelona.

It's fucking brutal to think about (if you give a shit about England, which I don't really), and tells you exactly why watching England at major tournaments is a totally pointless exercise.

Who's the Irish centre half that has shaped his hairline into a perfect curve like a black lad whilst he's got a blatant bald spot at the back? :lol:

That would be Tim O'Tei.

Serious question here. If you accept that there is an upwards quality gap between England and Barcelona, if you flipped that gap and pointed it downwards (so who are England that much better than), what division do you think you're looking at? League 1 maybe? In other words, a Championship team is closer to England than England are to Barcelona.

It's fucking brutal to think about (if you give a shit about England, which I don't really), and tells you exactly why watching England at major tournaments is a totally pointless exercise.

Made me laugh during the build up to the World Cup, pundits were asked if England could win it and someone went "Well, nobody is expecting them to and that can be a help" Nobody expected them to win it because we're shite, man. I can't keep track of the amount of times a World Cup has been won by someone nobody expected to win it.

Aye I can sort of see why they do it, but it's embarrassing. I think last world cup was the first one Stevie didn't think we would win going into it. [emoji38]

Other nations must watch stuff like this match and just shake their heads. I'm sure we weren't this far behind everyone else when I was a kid.

Didn't know about it either, but I think that's only because I've long ago subconsciously ignored any and all international friendlies, barring the first couple of Gibraltar ones.

Did laugh at Collymore having a fit during the first half - he's absolutely outraged that Liverpool are buying Milner as a DM, and can't see why Hodgson is playing him in that role for England. Not that I disagree with his points, but he gets proper upset, as if somehow England will ever have a Pirlo in the role.

Ireland are non-entities anyway, they took FIFA's hush money to build their shiney new stadium, and needed UEFA to expand the Euros so the little people like them could get in. Colin Murray has their mentality spot on (even though he's NI) - because their so tiny and insignificant, every game is their World Cup final. Feckin eejits.

All this talk of trouble though - well, whose bright idea was it to have a ref from NI? If this was a competitive fixture that actually mattered, that could easily be the spark for a riot if he dropped a bollock.