Other Games 14/15 - Football fans feel the same about stuff, except stuff like Western Sydney Wanderers, because no one gives a shit about them.

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sick of all this banging on about Rooney almost being Englands top goal scorer. Most of his goals have been against shit teams, 3 World Cup finals and only 1 goal is the only stat that matters.

Edited by Bizza

I enjoyed Dixon telling Hoddle `....if i can finish Glen' .Hoddle believes he has noticed things plebs like us haven't.Dixon was right to say Cahill should have anticipated the danger for the first goal.He was ball watching which resulted in him not being able to react so up went his hand in desperation for an offside decision.Hoddle belives he is the master tactition and only he can talk tactics and formations.He's a cockney shithouse who talks shite.Dixon is by far a better pundit.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched England get there in extra time over the Germans. They needed to be awarded the softest pen of all time to do it though.

My daughter was fascinated with girls playing football though so that was good to see.

I wouldn't say it was a soft penalty at all. It was borderline retarded from the player to give it away as there wasn't too much threat but it was definitely a penalty.

Yeah. Technically it was a pen, but they're not often given for that sort of stuff. The ball was probably going out in any case. For me it's similar to pens given for shirt pulling at corners. If the letter of the law was upheld every time there would be 100 penalties a game.

Add to that that the English lass was doing just as much holding prior to trying to turn her marker. It could have easily been a free kick the other way for first infringement.

You must admit, if you were a Germany supporter you'd be pretty pissed with that penalty being awarded.

In any case, I thought it was good to watch, and both sides showed some really good skill. My eldest daughter was outside 15 minutes after the final whistle kicking her football around the yard. Then we had an quick game. Football was the true winner today. And me. 1-0 ;)

She practically rugby tackled her! Anyway probably best to agree to disagree. :up:

I've enjoyed the matches in the WWC I've watched. Even games where one team is canny & the other is absurdly shite can be enjoyable, unless it's Newcastle & you're somewhat attached. ;)

Haha. Yeah you're probably right anyway. I was half on the windup 'cause Australia's women's football team already lost. :D

Yeah. The few games I got a chance to watch were good entertainment. Good sportsmanship as well which is something different.

There was a bit of diving mind but I don't think they're under the same pressure to succeed as the men.

Bassett seems to have got an incredibly easy ride even to the extent some moronic feminist called it sexist and was pretty pissed off she's not going to get horrible abuse or shot in the back or something. :lol:

Bassett seems to have got an incredibly easy ride even to the extent some moronic feminist called it sexist and was pretty pissed off she's not going to get horrible abuse or shot in the back or something. :lol:

Seriously? Was she hoping she'd go the way of Escobar or something? Fuck sake man. Some feminists are just complete embarrassments to their own cause.

I don't even know what to say to that crap. Surely this journo can't truly believe what she's saying? It must be just clickbait. The absence of abuse can't be proof of anything. If some fans don't abuse a foreign player when he/she fucks up, is that proof of racism? What the fuck is this logic? Sometimes I don't know what to think about modern media. It's all just one big circus of fuckwits.

Its quite clear that most people (although some were because they're assholes) weren't as vehement with their criticism towards Bassett because Women's football doesn't mean as much to them as Men's football. Is that sexist? Of course not. But I bet this mong of a journalist would disagree.

There's her next article. "Men's football is more popular than woman's football because of the patriarchy". ffs

They were class last night tbf. Putting their bodies on the line after 120 mins, flying into every tackle. The tarts in the u21s should be embarrassed after their showing compared to the women's team

The U21s are a bit of a joke really. They don't use or aren't allowed to use the best players eligible so it's a complete waste of time.

Germany don't have that attitude.