Southampton (A)

Craig

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was tempering my anger today with the fact that Pardew was nailed on to be sacked tonight. Then I remembered who owns the club.

Any other owner and he'd have been down the road after the headbutt incident.

Clearly a more limited side than last years vintage, but they have organised themselves well and Tadic will become more important as the season goes on...Pelle looks strong, aggressive and big with a eye for goal (everything Riviera isn't). They eased off after 2 or it could have been worse. Sissoko was our best player and Collback continues to be a strong precense. Our defence is shot.

We're losing games before we've even started, the defence needs a shake up but there simply are very few options, especially after shipping Mbiwa out.

Is there no young defenders coming through?

We are devoid of any shape or tactics under Pards, he must be finished. There's definitely other managers who can get more out of this group of players.

Sir Bobby Robson sacked after 4 games. 2 draws - 2 losses.

Alan Pardew .........?..........after 4 games. 2 draws - 2 losses.

Different regime though.

We weren't a marketing tool under Freddie Shepherd.

We just need to avoid relegation, stay in the Premiership and the global advert for Sports Direct is transmitted across the planet every other week.

Mike sits back and rubs his hands.

The animosity towards Pardew has become rightfully toxic. That combined with our imbalanced, inexperienced and spiritless squad mean that if a change isn't made the threat of relegation is very real. It's surely easier and less risky for Ashley to move Pardew on, hope for an improvement in performances and then make the necessary purchases in January to avoid relegation. Setting aside any compensation to Pardew, Ashley will.have saved a sizeable chunk on wages by not making the purchases in the summer window. Shortsighted strategies, but that's his modus operandi.

I walked out of the pub about ten minutes in it was so bad it was beyond belief. That is not a football team and I don't see how it ever can be with that moron managing and pricks like Carver coaching. If Pardew stays we're nailed on for relegation. Hopefully the fat cunt realises that because I think the losses that would result in is the only thing that will stir him into action.

Always was wasn't he?

Aye, but there's a difference between his priors and him having a go at fans with kids by them for me like. Nee excuse whatsoever. Absolute twat just like the rest of them.

Just watched MOTD and saw the highlights of the match again. Fuck me, we are beyond a joke. Defence like a sieve and attackers couldn't hit a barn door. I really don't get why Colo is viewed as better than Taylor. He has been fucking wank for good year now. Just appalling all over the pitch (and touchline).

Sir Bobby Robson sacked after 4 games. 2 draws - 2 losses.

Alan Pardew .........?..........after 4 games. 2 draws - 2 losses.

Incomparable. We are a different kind of club, functioning as a different kind of business now.

I'm going to stop going to these away games.....

TBH the two sides played almost the same type of game - much as the Villa did the other week - neither side showed much width. But they were a yard quicker and there were no 50-50 balls - must have been 80-20 to them

Sisoko was the only Utd. player who caused them any concern , he holds the ball, twists and turns and is big enough to take a tackle or two but there was zero support

Colwall put in a good stint but the defence was disorganised and Krull and Williamson never communicated properly at all

We had no cutting edge

Before the game kicked off one of the Saints fans I'd gone with asked me what would be our next trophy - he was amused when I said the Championship - by the end of the game he was on his way to the bookies to get a tenner on it.....................................

PS atmosphere was 100 times better than at the Villa - better to have a 32000 stadium 95% full than a 44, 000 stadium 60% full I guess

Edited by Rob W

He has lost the players 100%. It's just a matter of time really & I think he knows it. Barely stood up yesterday.

If I'd head butted someone, lost by 3+ goals as much as he has, called a colleague a 'fucking old cunt', had various other tussles with players/linesmen, been at odds with the fans for as long as he has now, been humiliated in countless derbies, offered as little hope for improvement as long as he has, been as much as a little bitch as he has... then I'd wake up with the same amount of smugness he seems to constantly exhibit and not bat an eyelid this morning tbh. Just another day in the life of mr invincible.

I walked out of the pub about ten minutes in it was so bad it was beyond belief. That is not a football team and I don't see how it ever can be with that moron managing and pricks like Carver coaching. If Pardew stays we're nailed on for relegation. Hopefully the fat cunt realises that because I think the losses that would result in is the only thing that will stir him into action.

I honestly thought we'd be in a relegation battle last year. What stopped that from happening was solely down to Remy's goals before xmas.

No goalscorer this year resets the position short of a new bloke with a clue.

I honestly thought we'd be in a relegation battle last year. What stopped that from happening was solely down to Remy's goals before xmas.

No goalscorer this year resets the position short of a new bloke with a clue.

This time it;s gonna be bad...Not even bad like badness, but baaaaaaad. I honestly can't see where the next win is coming from.

Just happened to watch the highlights again on the telly this afternoon. Completely ridiculous performance. Forget Pardew and Carver for a while. What the hell were Krul, Coloccini and Williamson upto yesterday? They're professional footballers and have been playing together for years ffs. Sunday league stuff. Then we also had the Rivieri miss an open goal. Shocking all around.

They dont give a fuck attitude has clearly filtered down into the dressing room once again. Its happened time and time again down the years yet we fail to learn. Quite shocking the way this club has been run.

Rant over.