Villa (A)

ClubSpinDoctor

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit worried we haven't scored but it's not like we didn't create anything. Surely one of Williamson, Gouffran and Cabella should score and it makes the day a lot rosier.

I think the reaction to Riviere is harsh as well. The service was poor, most of the time just lumping it to him with Vlaar up his arse. Even if he wins it there's nothing around him. De Jong will be key.

Remaining goalless at least exposes Pardew's carry more of a fret comments for the shit patter that it is before deadline day and picking up dull points keeps the pressure on him from our support, whilst limiting the damage to our season. We need to sack the cunt

Changed your tune quickly :razz:

What are you talking about?

We're among chances, we're just not finishing them. De Jong came close, as did Cabella, Rivière was never bought as the goal scorer was he?

I'm hoping Ferreyra is a finisher.

What are you talking about?

We're among chances, we're just not finishing them. De Jong came close, as did Cabella, Rivière was never bought as the goal scorer was he?

I'm hoping Ferreyra is a finisher.

Oh just not finishing them, nowt to worry about then ;)

Do you still think we've improved the team from this time last season?

Failed to score in 15 of the last 22.

So what, like all our other Foreign players they will need time to gel and get used to the Premier League. If nothing starts happening after 6 games then it would be time to sack Pardew because if he can't have them playing as unit by then, far as I'm concerned, he deserves it.

So what, like all our other Foreign players they will need time to gel and get used to the Premier League. If nothing starts happening after 6 games then it would be time to sack Pardew because if he can't have them playing as unit by then, far as I'm concerned, he deserves it.

Pardew doesn't need to make his own excuses with fans doing it for him.

Chelsea's new players seem to have gelled straight away eh?

Whether we can get another body in or even two before the window shuts, I don’t know, but I think there will be some movement – maybe one or two going out as well. We’ll see"

I'm not making excuses for Pardew, I just think they are his signings and if he can't have that team improving after a few more games or showing signs of at least, then he certainly needs to go.

Oh just not finishing them, nowt to worry about then ;)

Do you still think we've improved the team from this time last season?

I think that Janmaat is like for like with Debuchy but just needs time. I think Cabella and De Jong will provide what we had in Cabaye and I think that we would be better off with another striker.

What was Riviere bought as btw?

Shola replacement. Big strong target man that we could get cheap.

I never understand people who take pleasure in "being right" even when they've predicted gloominess. You seem almost gleefull that we've not scored a goal yet.

For what it's worth I think De Jong and Cabella will combine to score quite a few from midfield and I think we'll be a more attacking team when Tiote returns. But this isn't about the players, this is Pardew being a shitcunt. This is him being attacking, by the way. Long balls and the same deadball routine that hasn't worked for as long as I can remember.

Most top flight managers could get this group of players to score, Pardew can't. Mind if you ask SOME So-Callled accountants, we'd be better off without creative players and just need more grafters, like Gouffran :good:

;)

The squad played 8 pre season games and have now played 2 premiership games with inbetween training sessions. There should be no excuses we will lose more than we'll win this season without a proven striker.

He'll learn.

As I've said before though, I'd much prefer to see Ben Arfa AND Cabella on the pitch at the same time. We need to stretch the play as we're so narrow and compact that, while we're hard for teams to break down, it's making it difficult for our players to find space for the pass. A gifted dribbler can do that.

I think that Janmaat is like for like with Debuchy but just needs time. I think Cabella and De Jong will provide what we had in Cabaye and I think that we would be better off with another striker.

Shola replacement. Big strong target man that we could get cheap.

I never understand people who take pleasure in "being right" even when they've predicted gloominess. You seem almost gleefull that we've not scored a goal yet.

For what it's worth I think De Jong and Cabella will combine to score quite a few from midfield and I think we'll be a more attacking team when Tiote returns. But this isn't about the players, this is Pardew being a shitcunt. This is him being attacking, by the way. Long balls and the same deadball routine that hasn't worked for as long as I can remember.

Most top flight managers could get this group of players to score, Pardew can't. Mind if you ask SOME So-Callled accountants, we'd be better off without creative players and just need more grafters, like Gouffran :good:

;)

I'm bordering on couldn't give a fuck anymore with us and I'm almost apathetic to the fact that we haven't scored a goal, not gleeful. That's a direct result of Mike Ashley's net spend on strikers since he bought us. There's nothing to be gleeful about at NUFC, we've got a team with players that get sold if they're good enough and a deplorable cunt as a manager. It was really fucking me off that people were trotting out 'good business' nonsense this summer. Selling our best players and replacing with unproven cheaper players, some even citing that Debuchy has turned 29 as justification for selling. So yeah, I'm perversely a little bit satisfied at looking like being proved right purely because the people saying otherwise were talking absolute shit. We could be in a relegation battle this season unless things happen before next Monday.

Little bit of an over reaction after 2 games non?

Cabellars and Siem will take time to adjust to the pace of the PL and so on...We can start the doom and gloom after 6/7 games if nothing changes. Football changes very quickly. The Cabella and Siem chances were actually harder to miss..:lol:

Edited by Park Life

I'm bordering on couldn't give a fuck anymore with us and I'm almost apathetic to the fact that we haven't scored a goal, not gleeful. That's a direct result of Mike Ashley's net spend on strikers since he bought us. There's nothing to be gleeful about at NUFC, we've got a team with players that get sold if they're good enough and a deplorable cunt as a manager. It was really fucking me off that people were trotting out 'good business' nonsense this summer. Selling our best players and replacing with unproven cheaper players, some even citing that Debuchy has turned 29 as justification for selling. So yeah, I'm perversely a little bit satisfied at looking like being proved right purely because the people saying otherwise were talking absolute shit. We could be in a relegation battle this season unless things happen before next Monday.

Jesus.

Well, that was a thriller. I think a lot of people thought before the season started that, although the signings looked promising, we'd struggle to score. It does look like that might be a bit of a problem. Hopefully De Jong will weigh in with a few once fully fit, etc. but he's not the type of out and out striker that would, I think, make a massive difference to the team. Someone like Remy or Ba, basically. I suppose Cisse might rediscover his past form. When he's fit again I think Gouffran will make way and the sooner he's not starting the better, as all he seems to offer is graft these days. Not the end of the world or owt today but it feels like two points dropped against a poor Villa side that was there for the taking.

They're better players, who've joined a better team, amongst better players, under better coaches and a better manager.

De Jong hasn't played that many pre-season games and seems vital to the way we're to be set up. Ditto Tiote.