Happy Birthday to.....

Craig

.....Peter Beardsley - without doubt the best player I've ever see play for Newcastle United. 45 today!

Part of the next management/1st team coaching team?

Great footballer, scorer of many great goals. Notice how I'm using great correctly. The closest I've ever got from leaving my seat and going on the field of play is when Cantona tried to break his leg in the 5-0. I was going to throttle the bastid, and it just showed the difference in REAL class in a footballer.

Great footballer, scorer of many great goals. Notice how I'm using great correctly. The closest I've ever got from leaving my seat and going on the field of play is when Cantona tried to break his leg in the 5-0. I was going to throttle the bastid, and it just showed the difference in REAL class in a footballer.

81206[/snapback]

How good was it when Rob Lee's (totally fair) tackle on Cantona sent him cartwheeling just afterwards? Better than drugs that match.

81206[/snapback]

How good was it when Rob Lee's (totally fair) tackle on Cantona sent him cartwheeling just afterwards? Better than drugs that match.

81225[/snapback]

Great memories!

Understandably its forgotten/not cared about because we won 5-0 but the ref in that game should have given Cantona a red and 2 yellows in that match but as usual its manu so did fuck all and other players on their team could have walked as their spoilt bastard antics at being caned turned to shockign tackles.

As for Beardo, he is definitely my alltime favourite toon player, just edging Shearer out, he could do everything and provided more great moments than any other toon player has.

I'm glad Cantona didn't get sent off, because we would have had the 'we only had ten men' excuse for all these years (just like we get the 'but David May was playing' excuses - tough shit, Ferguson bought him). As for being better than drugs, my abiding memory of that game when the 5th goes in (in slow motion I think everyone who was there will agree) and my old man standing there, staring with pure hatred at Schmeichal, raising his middle finger at him and shouting 'that's for last season you Danish cunt.' Glory days! :rolleyes:

I'm glad Cantona didn't get sent off, because we would have had the 'we only had ten men' excuse for all these years (just like we get the 'but David May was playing' excuses - tough shit, Ferguson bought him). As for being better than drugs, my abiding memory of that game when the 5th goes in (in slow motion I think everyone who was there will agree) and my old man standing there, staring with pure hatred at Schmeichal, raising his middle finger at him and shouting 'that's for last season you Danish cunt.' Glory days!  :rolleyes:

81269[/snapback]

:o

It definitely happened in slow motion, there can be no arguing the fact, as you say, if you were there you know! :yes

I'm glad Cantona didn't get sent off, because we would have had the 'we only had ten men' excuse for all these years (just like we get the 'but David May was playing' excuses - tough shit, Ferguson bought him). As for being better than drugs, my abiding memory of that game when the 5th goes in (in slow motion I think everyone who was there will agree) and my old man standing there, staring with pure hatred at Schmeichal, raising his middle finger at him and shouting 'that's for last season you Danish cunt.' Glory days!  :rolleyes:

81269[/snapback]

:o

It definitely happened in slow motion, there can be no arguing the fact, as you say, if you were there you know! :yes

81270[/snapback]

The 5th goal was magic like. What a night! I think I floated out of the stadium. In terms of atmosphere I think maybe only the Barca match came close. Happy days...

So under-rated.  Should be up there on the same level as Keegan, Platini, Zico, etc

81462[/snapback]

Would have been but for being English, thus he wasn't afforded the credit of a continental or Brazillian player and had to suffer England managers denying him the number of caps he should have had at international level.

So under-rated.  Should be up there on the same level as Keegan, Platini, Zico, etc

81462[/snapback]

Would have been but for being English, thus he wasn't afforded the credit of a continental or Brazillian player and had to suffer England managers denying him the number of caps he should have had at international level.

81476[/snapback]

Being at the top of his game during the English teams' ban from European club competitions probably didn't help his cause, either...

81462[/snapback]

81476[/snapback]

Being at the top of his game during the English teams' ban from European club competitions probably didn't help his cause, either...

81488[/snapback]

A good point, would have given more europeans the chance to see how great he was, and would have boosted his reputation.

81462[/snapback]

It's even worse on the Continent, there is a shocking amount of people here who don't even know who he is. Absolute legend though, if only we had someone with his skill playing for us now...

Happy birthday Pedro.

Do you think you can put it on Souness' wife so you can do the scottish double, please?

Here is to you being part of the best present the toon could receive, you as part of the first team coaching staff after the fuckwit is removed.

Happy birthday Pedro.

Do you think you can put it on Souness' wife so you can do the scottish double, please?

Here is to you being part of the best present the toon could receive, you as part of the first team coaching staff after the fuckwit is removed.

81529[/snapback]

Excellent player and one of my favourites but a bully to boot they reckon. I remember Ravatash Patel being at a talk in with him and coming away very dissapointed and said Beardsley seems like a very bitter man towards the club. Can't remember the full story so I'll PM Rava and ask him to repeat it.

P.S He was Ravas all time favourite player as well.

Class player, English soccer legend!

Played in a charity 5-a-side tornament about 5 years ago at the Lightfoot and Beardo was playing for a team along with another ex pro whose name escapes me. Anyway, we meet Beardo's team in the semi's, beat them 3-2, I scored the winning goal after nut megging Beardo and then putting the ball through the keepers legs! Huffy Pedro didn't shake hands with any of my team after the final whistle! :lol:

We went on to win the final and Beardo was supposed to stick around to present the trophies but one of his teamates had a heart attack in the changing rooms after our semi and was rushed to hospital! :mellow:

i absolutley idolised quazzie during both his playing spells at the toon & he still is without a shadow of a doubt the best player i have ever seen don the black & white jersey...

but my affection towards him was tainted somewot a couple of years back..

me and about a dozen mates went to see a talk-in organised by radio newcastle up at "the blue flames club" (next to the benton training ground)

quazzie was very bitter about the club as it had only been a short while since he was accused of bullying the young 'uns along with kenny wharton..

he slagged off everybody from bobby robson to the tea lady, the only 2 people in the whole club he seemed to have time for where alan shearer & shay given.

he was telling the story of how bobby robson was ready to sell big al to liverpool only for fat freddie to pull the plug at the very last minute.. i queried wether this story was really true, as i found it hard to believe.. quazzie's response was "well if you dont believe ME your obviously a mackem!!"

well this brought a lot of chuckling to the room & i went a trifle red around the gills but being called the ultimate insult infront of you mates does tend to take a bit of the love away from someone you've worshiped since being knee-high to a grasshopper!!

in summary - my favourite ever toon player but a bitter freak non-the-less..!!

Edited by ravtash patel

I'm sorry, but there is no way on this earth that SMO has nutmegged Peter Beardsley.

81821[/snapback]

It's a fact, all of my mates were there playing along side me, I took the ball on about half way, with only Beardo and the keeper to beat. Being a bit of a chancer I tried to thread the ball through Beardo's legs and low and behold it came out the other side, the hunchback bastard tried to push me over as i went round him. He failed and I was left to score the winning goal to see us through to the final by placing it through the keepers legs which can only be described as being akimbo as he rushed from his line!

I have no proof other than the word of my mates who were playing that day.

Maybe next time Pedro does a talk-in i'll broach the subject, no doubt the bullying bastard will have a selective memory though.

I'm sorry, but there is no way on this earth that SMO has nutmegged Peter Beardsley.

81821[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly, his tales are getting taller by the day :mellow:

82303[/snapback]

Unlike you son. Fuck me you left yourself wide open for that one! ;)

Took the bairn to a panto the other day, Snow White and the 8 dwarves, dopey, doc, sleepy, grumpy, happy, bashful, sneezy and.....Wacky! :huh:

Jealousy is a terrible :lol: , you couldn't nut meg your mother, hence why you're so reluctnat to play in this Toontastic v NO match!