Riviere, Emmanuel

Santon, Davide

Sissoko, Moussa

*Taylor, Ryan Anthony

*Taylor, Steven Vincent

Tiote, Cheik Ismael

*Vuckic, Haris

*Williamson, Michael James

Under-21 players (Contract and Scholars)

Aarons, Rolando

Alnwick, Jak

Armstrong, Adam James

Atkinson, James Lewis

Barlaser, Daniel Tan

Bigirimana, Gael

Broccoli, Stefan

Cameron, Kyle Milne

Campbell, Adam

Charman, Luke

Cobain, Jamie Anthony

Drennan, Ben

Gibson, Liam Steven

Gillesphey, Macauley

Gilliead, Alex Nicholas

Good, Curtis

Gutierrez, Ayoze Perez

Hall, Andrew

Heardman, Tom

Holmes, Jamie Jason

Hunter, Jack David

Johnson, Louis James

Kemen, Olivier

Kerridge, Joseph George

Laidler, Adam

Lascelles, Jamaal

Longstaff, Sean David

Mbabu, Melingo Kevin

McKinnon, Ryan

Newberry, Michael

Olley, Greg Thomas

Pearson, Brendan Conor

Pollock, Ben

Quinn, Jonathyn Stephen

Roberts, Callum

Satka, Lubomir

Smith, Ben Joseph

Smith, Liam Phillip

Sterry, Jamie Michael

Storey, Jordan Jay

Streete, Remie

Suddick, Lewis Ethan

Trodd, Allan Jake

Ward, Daniel John

Williams, Callum Dylan

Woodman, Frederick John

Woolston, Paul Hudson

Only those in bold should be the 1st team of a club aiming for the top half.

Only those in Italics should be squad for that club.

Krul

Janmaat Colo ____ Santon

Tiote Anita/Colback

Sissoko De Jong Cabella

______

Williamson

Abeid

Cisse

Ferreyra

Riviere

Williamson is a perfectly serviceable, no nonsense CB imo. As long as he has a bit of quality alongside I'd embolden him for his cromulent displays.

Think much of his criticism comes from being a conduit for every set piece which comes to nothing over the halfway line. Which isn't really fair.

Can't remember who, but I agreed with whoever said he's someone who always plays at the peak of his ability, which you can't say for most of them.

I don't have massive problems with Saylor or Raylor (assuming he can return to the levels he was before injury) as squad players tbh. Neither of them should be starters at any time other than an injury crisis though.

Your assesment of the missing ingredients to the starting 11 is blindingly obvious to everyone but Ashley/Charnley/Pardew (if you believe his shite which I personally don't) or it would have been addressed this summer.

At the start of the summer we needed three things. Creativity, a striker to lead the line and a centerback. One of those things was addressed with a combination of SDJ and Cabella (and to a small extent Colback). The other two have been shamfully dismissed (and in the case of the defence actually made weaker).

Williamson is a perfectly serviceable, no nonsense CB imo. As long as he has a bit of quality alongside I'd embolden him for his cromulent displays.

Think much of his criticism comes from being a conduit for every set piece which comes to nothing over the halfway line. Which isn't really fair.

Can't remember who, but I agreed with whoever said he's someone who always plays at the peak of his ability, which you can't say for most of them.

His peak really isn't good enough to be a starter though is it? I've no problems with him as a squad memeber though.

As you say, he's playing at his peak, and frankly it's just below the standard I'd want for a club aiming for top half. Sure there are some games where that's sufficient, because he's facing either sub-par strikers or a sub-par system. When he meets a good striker or a good system, his limitations fill me with dread.

I don't mind him marking Altidore or Carroll, but put him against Benteke or Aguero and I piss my little pants.

• 2 weeks later...

The best thing about Williamson is he knows his limitations. So that makes him a serviceable back up or a starter for a lower prem side. Taylor likes to think he is far better then he is.

Taylor will be back in on Saturday - mind having seen Hernandez last night, it could be a torrid afternoon for him.

You do seem to revel in it though :lol:

I'm not sure people would think this so much if you didn't have that smiling doctor in your avatar mind, it just seems to make your posts all the more likely to infuriate - previously you had a beaming Pardew as well. You need a David Moyes avatar or something like that, something a bit more downbeat.

You appear to be suggesting we get rid of the weaker players.

Williamson etc... are more than good enough for 8th - 17th. They are squad players who's pay reflects it.

Top half isnt really a dividing line - after Spurs/Everton the rest are much of a muchness. All you need is a decent spine of a team to help the weaker players.

Krul, (a younger) Colochini, Cabaye, Ba - finished 5th, with Simpson et al, who are as bad as the current squad fillers.

The best possible spine these days is Krul, (a slow) Colochini, Tiote, De Jong....

All we need to do is fix the spine with someone like Grenier and replacement for Colochini and we'll be in the same bracket as Everton and Spurs.

:lol: Howay man Phil, Spurs and Everton have good players all over the park. We're far behind those teams and always have been under Ashley. The year we finished 5th we were remarkably fortunate with our injury record, Ba and Cisse were in ridiculous purple patches, Cabaye and Tiote formed a brilliant uninterrupted partnership and Colo had the season of his life. As well as all that most of the big sides had an off year.

All we need to do is fix the spine with someone like Grenier and replacement for Colochini and we'll be in the same bracket as Everton and Spurs.

It's much more than that, but again it depends on the football we play.

:lol: Howay man Phil, Spurs and Everton have good players all over the park. We're far behind those teams and always have been under Ashley. The year we finished 5th we were remarkably fortunate with our injury record, Ba and Cisse were in ridiculous purple patches, Cabaye and Tiote formed a brilliant uninterrupted partnership and Colo had the season of his life. As well as all that most of the big sides had an off year.

Spurs have a massively squad of slightly above average players.

Two or three players and we are easily on par with Everton. Baines and Pienaar are on the slide.