When Pardew goes end of October, who do you want as..........

accadacca

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timing is important, if all those quotes come from a successful period (we have had them) then so what. If he is saying those things when its been going badly then he needs to have a bit of a word.

Still cant see the problem though. One of our best ever players gets slagged off because he is trying to be upbeat about his job and his employer. If he is asked directly a question on Ashley, your suggested approach would have him down the route to self employment quite quickly. Its a bit over the top but the fact that he is overly positive makes him a good candidate not a bad one.

Beardsley last season told a season ticket holder of my aquaintance at a club function that we'd better start being nice to Mike, or he'd exact some sort of terrible revenge, worse than appointing Kinnear. Hes a fuckin horror show.

If he came out and said that on television he'd instantly be a hero again. Surely someone at the club can see beyond themselves?

If he came out and said that on television he'd instantly be a hero again. Surely someone at the club can see beyond themselves?

This person took it as some sort of sinister threat from an Ashley henchman rather than a warning from an insider trusted to be on the fans side due to his illustrious playing career. Moncur is as bad apparently. Both on the club's payroll.

I think that very harsh on Beardsley. I dont know whether the young player he fell out with was a total cock and needed a slap or whether Beardsley is ineffective with people. Thats something no one really knows/

However, the idea that he 'arse licks' Ashley is one of the worst examples of school playground thinking that gets mistaken for a point of view on here. Not picking on you directly fish, loads of other say it, i just think its unfair.

And i'm not saying this because you lost your job either but you know in most jobs, being pleasant and nice to the boss is a fundamental. I mean its not even considered ambitious, its just that in every job, the boss get paid respect publicly by everyone. Doing anything else is idiocy.

What do people want? A manager who speaks his mind and says how it is about Ashley? :lol: I'd vote 'dont sack Pardew' if that was the alternative.

I'd never have taken it that way.

My problem with Beardsley is that, as good as he was as a player, I've heard nothing positive about him as a coach. It's not just him of course, Under-18s coach Dave Watson, Academy director Joe Joyce and all the others have to bear the blame too. You only have to look at how quickly Abeid, Bigirimana and Campbell's stars have fallen. These were all highly rated youngsters who've made no progress at Newcastle and in Bigi's case seem to have regressed instead.

His title (last I saw) was something like Football Development Manager, which of our young players have notably developed? It could be that we simply don't have the players ready to come through, but I honestly think that his lack of results and fawning quotes paint a picture of a toady yes-man.

He's one of the greatest footballers I've ever had the honour of watching first hand, but I've seen nothing to make me think he's any good at coaching, so why would I want him coaching the 1st team?

I think you'd be surprised at the manager you could attract from abroad tbh, one that's had experience with your scouting and signings being sorted by a group of people, rather than individually. The only sticking point is how reluctant we are to do things like upgrade the academy and get some half-decent coaches in (but that could well be Pardew's preferred backroom staff and if so, fuck me) so that might hinder certain people from the get go. Another problem would be if he's any good, you'd probably lose him but with intelligent recruitment, that's not really a problem. Basically, you're hoping that Ashley goes against his track record of appointing his mates to key positions at the football club (though some have been better than others if Charnley is owt to go by) and gets a good, young manager in.

The only sticking point is how reluctant we are to do things like upgrade the academy and get some half-decent coaches in (but that could well be Pardew's preferred backroom staff and if so, fuck me)

:lol: If any of that is down to Pardew then he definitely has to go (mind imo he definitely has to go anyway), I'm sure most of that side of recruitment is down to Ashley / Llambias (when he was here) and Charnley but I'd imagine Pardew got a little say into his first team coaches (although that could have been limited to Ashley saying "pick waaan of these yooo slaaag" and pointing at the assembled line of useless cunts that makes up the NUFC coaching staff).

• 1 month later...

:lol: Why say things like "Great manager"? It's clearly not true, there is nothing in Pardews entire career to say he is a great football manager. Stick up for the bloke if you feel you have to but it doesn't help your case when you start off with shite craic like that.

Edited by Howay

Was just saying this, he needn't say anything in favour of the owner or the manager. Just go in front of the reporter and say "great bunch of lads", "Know we're in a fight and we're up for it", "Cisse's goals will turn our season around"

All that kind of bollocks.

Personally I think Neil Lennon would have been a good fit for Newcastle and say what you will but he done alright at Celtic.

Frank De Boer would be a great choice as he plays football, De Jong our Marquee signing would play and would probably be played effectively. We would play total football however I think Mike Ashley wont go down this way, its too sensible and De Boer wont take the heat off him by head butting other players!

Personally I think Neil Lennon would have been a good fit for Newcastle and say what you will but he done alright at Celtic.

Frank De Boer would be a great choice as he plays football, De Jong our Marquee signing would play and would probably be played effectively. We would play total football however I think Mike Ashley wont go down this way, its too sensible and De Boer wont take the heat off him by head butting other players!

Couldn't disagree more. Not a great manager and sufficiently proud that he wouldn't tolerate the nonsense from Ashley et al.

De Boer could be a great coach, but he wouldn't work under Ashley's nonsense.