When Pardew goes end of October, who do you want as..........

accadacca

his successor that is a REALISTIC possibility ?

By the time he goes, the points tally will be meagre and it is not a time to gamble on young up and coming managers, or managers that have continuous failure on their cvs.

Only one man for me - PULIS - will certainly keep the club in the PL even though the football may not be too appetising at times.

He will get things organised, well drilled and make the team more combative.

TIN HAT FIRMLY ON.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hope it's not Hoddle, he'd want all his players doing their Zen every morning.

Don't care what they do, as long as they play decent football, and at the very least I think Hoddle would provide that.

I suppose Moyes is unrealistic? He's not going to win us anything and can be as negative as Pardew, but he's a lot better at getting results on a shoestring.

Also less annoying.

They wouldn't pay the going rate for a manager of his ability.

They wouldn't pay the going rate for a manager of his ability.

They'd have to spend less in the long run though. Less panic buying in January, less players who fail to develop (therefore more resale revenues).

These people, much as we hate them, aren't morons. They must be able to see this sort of logic.

They'd have to spend less in the long run though. Less panic buying in January, less players who fail to develop (therefore more resale revenues).

These people, much as we hate them, aren't morons. They must be able to see this sort of logic.

I honestly think Ashley wants to walk the line between survival in the PL and irritating fans.

Think Moyes will go abroad next, try to win some trophies somewhere outside of the top leagues like McClaren did.

Think he's too ambitious a guy who's already done the whole long term shoestring thing about as well as anyone could to come here and deal with our arseholes, think he'll probably want something different from his next job. Wouldn't be happy to accept low ambitions imo.

Plus, his salary is just not going to be met by us.

Checklist for our next manager is probably:

-Cheap

-Good at getting results on a low budget

-Not going to rock the boat, happy to say the same shit Pardew does

Don't think the attractiveness of the football is going to come into it sadly. Hopefully get someone decent and likeable from the French or Dutch leagues, would make sense given our player recruitment policy.

If that was the case they would have binned Pardew a long time ago and appointed a decent coaching team.

Moyes but his wages may be unrealistic, I totally understand and agree with the logic that it saves money in the long run but I'm unsure if Ashley sees it that way.

I'd hope for one of the French managers people have mentioned, as it seems logical to appoint one with the high number of French players we bring in but again Ashley probably wont see it that way. Mainly because he seems to appoint blokes he thinks he'd enjoy, or already does like, having pints with.

No doubt we'll be scratting round the bargain basement or the manager retirement home and bring in Ron Atkinson.

Unfortunately this.

In a world of dreams I would go for Thomas Tuchel.

@@Meenzer knows.

Same here as I mentioned in another thread. :) Barring that the bloke at Basel. If not these two then Laudrup or Clarke who deserves another crack at the PL.

The sad part is, if Pardew gets the sack and a top-notch football manager is hired, he will still have to be an Ashley puppet if he wants to stay in the job. I can't see anyone lasting very long if he stands up against the Boss.